Grunt Box Group Buy - MK1 SC only

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DavidJ

Grunt Box Group Buy - MK1 SC only

Post by DavidJ »

wondering if there are any SC owners who would like to add more power between 2,000-3,000 rpm? have a look at http://www.grubinski.com/gruntbox/ Mike and Rob are looking for 10 pre-orders to go ahead with possibly the last batch of Grunt boxes. I'm buyer number five - very much hoping to find five more so I can get this toy into my SC and experience some extra :shock: before 3,500rpm or so.
MartG

Re: Grunt Box Group Buy - MK1 SC only

Post by MartG »

Interesting - pity I'm a bit skint for the next few weeks ( CV joint just gone on the Calibra :x )
DavidJ

Post by DavidJ »

only eighty little poundies or so. i'm putting mine on the never-never... \:D/
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Moved to "Group Buys" forum by admin.
MartG

Post by MartG »

DavidJ wrote:only eighty little poundies or so. i'm putting mine on the never-never... \:D/

How do you think I'm paying for the new CV joint :lol: ( and all the other bits I need after discovering other things wrong when I stripped the car down to get the driveshaft out :cry: )

Maybe next month :?
LeeHoochie

Group Buy

Post by LeeHoochie »

Count me in , not done a group buying session before so need to know what you need from me.
DavidJ

Post by DavidJ »

Lee, just e-mail the grunt interest list on the link i've given. you should get a reply with details of how to submit a pre-order payment.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

DavidJ wrote:wondering if there are any SC owners who would like to add more power between 2,000-3,000 rpm? have a look at http://www.grubinski.com/gruntbox/ Mike and Rob are looking for 10 pre-orders to go ahead with possibly the last batch of Grunt boxes. I'm buyer number five - very much hoping to find five more so I can get this toy into my SC and experience some extra :shock: before 3,500rpm or so.

Dave, i thought we'd come to the conclusion that the lean condition is something that affects US cars, not JDM ones?

That being the case, whats the point?
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
DavidJ

Post by DavidJ »

hi lauren,

thanks - you've very likely just saved me a load of hassle. i didn't know this. i'll search forums for a discussion thread..

david

=; only parents call me dave
DavidJ

Post by DavidJ »

lauren,

if you are feeling kind, i'd be interested to learn how we know that lean condition doesn't affect JDM's

thanks

david
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

DavidJ wrote:lauren,

if you are feeling kind, i'd be interested to learn how we know that lean condition doesn't affect JDM's

thanks

david

No probs David.

Basically it doesn't show up on any rolling road printouts and sessions that i've seen, when fuelling was measured. There just isn't an issue at low revs.

Think the issue is something to do with the extra emissions crap they have on US cars, IIRC. I remember having the very same discussion on the old US SC list (is it still going?) 4 years ago and the conclusion was that there is no lean condition on the JDM cars, it is US only.
superchargedsam

Post by superchargedsam »

Lauren what about when running a larger pulley or can this be compensated for by using a pressure boost valve from FSE for example or is it just not a problem even with larger pulley as I know its not a problem running standard pulley ?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

superchargedsam wrote:Lauren what about when running a larger pulley or can this be compensated for by using a pressure boost valve from FSE for example or is it just not a problem even with larger pulley as I know its not a problem running standard pulley ?

Sam i am talking about when running a larger pulley. an adj fuel press regulator such as the FSE is not required on an AW11 SC.

I only needed it on mine because i was using the NA fuel pump and the SC fuel press regulator runs at a lower pressure than the NA, plus obviously the AW11 SC (ie original SC) has a higher flow fuel pump as standard.
DJJAW11

Post by DJJAW11 »

Lauren wrote:
superchargedsam wrote:Lauren what about when running a larger pulley or can this be compensated for by using a pressure boost valve from FSE for example or is it just not a problem even with larger pulley as I know its not a problem running standard pulley ?

Sam i am talking about when running a larger pulley. an adj fuel press regulator such as the FSE is not required on an AW11 SC.

I only needed it on mine because i was using the NA fuel pump and the SC fuel press regulator runs at a lower pressure than the NA, plus obviously the AW11 SC (ie original SC) has a higher flow fuel pump as standard.

JDM 4agze, running larger pulley do experence it, mine did when i fitted the Nevo, it was like a horrid turbo lag,
i fitted a unichip to cure/tune it.

David

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/v/Upload/DJJ/

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”