[Mk2] [Turbo] New standalone ECU needed.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

msherry21

[Mk2] [Turbo] New standalone ECU needed.

Post by msherry21 »

Hi all, I have a rev3 turbo and looking to get a new ECU to get the best out of her.

Who's a good mr2 tuner and what's a good all round ECU to get these days?

The Apexi FC used to be good, is this still the case or is there something better now? So difficult to find an Apexi these days.

The car has a forged engine with updated ct20b, greddy intercooler, blitz exhaust, updated fuel pump. I just want to get it fueling and boosting spot on and get the most out of her.

Thanks, Michael.
Http://www.planet-wax.com, Mobile Car Valet & Car Detailing based in Glasgow.
craig

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] New standalone ECU needed.

Post by craig »

My car and engine plus mods are almost identical to yours. I run 1.2 bar on a ct20b. The car was mapped by Ryan at 2bar tuning on an apexi FC ECU and is currently running 306bhp.

Apexi FC may be old, but it's not a bad thing. Modern Apexi ecu equivalent would be a link G3 ECU.
msherry21

Post by msherry21 »

Thanks, so is Ryan the guy to go to then? Can he also supply and fit an ECU? Just in case I can't find a Power FC.
Cheers, Michael.
Http://www.planet-wax.com, Mobile Car Valet & Car Detailing based in Glasgow.
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

You would have to get the ECU and we would map. He's a busy man these days as he's mainly maps Syvecs ECU on R35. He's out of the country a lot too mapping cars
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

I've got a Link G4+ Storm in mine mapped by Chris at DynaTune. He might be a good option for you, given your location, as he's in East Kilbride :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “Modifications”