White MK1 leaving Lydd, Kent

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kiddo

White MK1 leaving Lydd, Kent

Post by Kiddo »

Monday night about 10pm. You were driving the right way...away from Lydd. I was in the white mk2, unfortunately driving into Lydd.
pistol pete

Re: White MK1 leaving Lydd, Kent

Post by pistol pete »

might have been my old mk1 as well .. that floats around somewhere between ashford, folkestone and lydd..

there are not many mk1's round us and non of them want to wave :(

:thumleft: :thumleft:
jemehan

Post by jemehan »

The date on this, could have been my MK1, its off the road at the moment, but its stored near Lydd....

Was it silly noisy? if yes, it was me...
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

jemehan wrote:The date on this, could have been my MK1, its off the road at the moment, but its stored near Lydd....

Was it silly noisy? if yes, it was me...

oh hello.. mk1 fella in the area.. i always had vairous mk1/2/3s always waved at mr2s..

whats the reg of the white one i am sure would have seen it around
also there is someone round our way that owns a white mk1 ending with DMJ.. bought from my nephew.. its our old car and want it back.. so looking for him if anyone sees him point in our direction
jemehan

Post by jemehan »

Hahaha, funny you should say that, DMJ is my little one! Afraid to say though, its my baby and i wont give her up, doing some restoration work on it.

There is another white MK1 in ashford, near the barracks, also there is a red one over near Hythe Road.

What made you sell little DMJ in the first place? your Nephew got a MK2 after as far as i knew.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

er why did i sell
so i could afford to go racing..
always seen it around.. please let me know if you want o sell it at some point.

here is when i had it

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=

and a few things that may or may not have happened to it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RgSY4c52JY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Qa1x2N270
jemehan

Post by jemehan »

I can understand that. You will glad to hear, she is pretty much exactly as you left her,

However, i have taken the in engine bay air filter out and re-piped the original through the boot. the rear indicators are tinted black (becasue i didnt like the orange) and unfortunately, the weather has attacked her last winter, front drivers arch needs repair, both rear arches, rear valence needs welding and the top of the windscreen needs welding, and a new windscreen to match. I am doing the work in the summer. she leaks through the windscreen at the moment :(.

Still has the Fox racing wheels and green callipers, however, also got a spare set of Team Dynamic wheels (almost identical to fox ones) and looking for something 4 spoke for it. i have SSR II R's but they are mk2 fitment which is a shame, else they woudl be on it.

The AW11 will be kept pretty stock, my SW20 is the racecar. lol.

DMJ does look awesome on the track, i am jealous, never got the chance to. if i decide to sell it, i will let you know!! first refusal ;)

Return to “Spotted”