Nathan's Mk2 Turbo Rev 2 - Hard Top - 1993

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

Re: Nathan's Mk2 Turbo Rev 2 - Hard Top - 1993

Post by 2mad »

nathan.z wrote:
2mad wrote:I mean what do side lights actualy do (not much) you'd need to be a pretty pricky copper to not safe for road you 8-[

Living close to london with traffic cops on the M25 and M1 it's best to be safe and carry a spare set if I get grief. That way if they threaten to tow as it's not safe to drive I can swap them over.

:)

Haha you mad sod :mrgreen: .. what people do to look cool :D .. lol im on board by the way there awesome-nes 8) .. dont get nicked 8-[
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

To give an update. New heated windscreen expected next week so I've delayed the respray until that's arrived.I'll be ordering a nice new rubber seal for the windscreen from Toyota.

I ended up going to three different Alloy Wheel refurb shops as the first 2 didn't touch polished lips. Discovered that the lips had been grinded down too much to refurb so ended up going for a full powder coat. (Things are never simple)

Colour wise I chose Black Chrome. After seeing a set in the shop and how the colour changed with the light, I just had too. That should really offset some of Neo Chrome wheel nuts which are due next week too.

I'm out of the country next week for work so will pick up all my bits the following week and then finally have the respray booked in. Still have to squeeze in the rev 2 - Rev 3 light conversion.

:thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Ha you had me at Black Chrome .. my personal favorite wheel colour :thumleft:
Nic

Post by Nic »

nathan.z wrote:
I ended up going to three different Alloy Wheel refurb shops as the first 2 didn't touch polished lips. Discovered that the lips had been grinded down too much to refurb so ended up going for a full powder coat. (Things are never simple)

Colour wise I chose Black Chrome. After seeing a set in the shop and how the colour changed with the light, I just had too. That should really offset some of Neo Chrome wheel nuts which are due next week too.

Which company is doing the wheels? I need to get mine redone so would be interested in seeing pics once done. :thumleft:
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Nic wrote:
nathan.z wrote:

Which company is doing the wheels? I need to get mine redone so would be interested in seeing pics once done. :thumleft:

Depends on your Area but I went for BJV Engineering in Hertfordshire - They seem to have good experience with polished lips and diamond cutting. http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/

I've used Max Powder in the past to Gloss Black my stock wheels. The finish has lasted however they didn't enjoy Painted wheel polish. They also didn't balance my wheels correctly after so I ended up going to a different garage.

I'd avoid any Alloy Refurb shop that doesn't powder coat. i.e mobile vans / small garages that use spray cans.
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

wheels finished

Last edited by nathan.z on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Nice 8)
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Mocked up with the Neo chrome lug nuts.

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looks great .. i've atcherley got a set of these.. there mega :mrgreen:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Cheers 2 mad. Even the misses was impressed with how the wheels have turned out. :wink:

I just picked up a new windscreen rubber seal as it made sense to replace it. Heated windscreen will hopefully arrive this week. :mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Wish mine looked that good .. mega awesome stuff nate :thumleft:

Any pics on car ?
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

2mad wrote:Wish mine looked that good .. mega awesome stuff nate :thumleft:

Any pics on car ?

Not yet, need to have 2 new rubbers put on the rear pair and then balanced. I'm wanting to wait till after the full respray as the 'cherry on top' moment when I get to fit them.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

nathan.z wrote:
2mad wrote:Wish mine looked that good .. mega awesome stuff nate :thumleft:

Any pics on car ?

Not yet, need to have 2 new rubbers put on the rear pair and then balanced. I'm wanting to wait till after the full respray as the 'cherry on top' moment when I get to fit them.

Red .. red .. na lol .. like red just not on my car 8-[ .....

Cant wait to see the finished artical :D
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Rear lights n panel converted to Rev3. Heated windscreen and windscreen seal have arrived.

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looks great cant wait to see it with a fresh lick of paint ... yes even red lol :thumleft:
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

Latest update -

Respray booked in for the first week of October. Looking at Honda R81 Milano Red paint as it's been recommended. More modern paint, shade darker than Super Red and less fade.

I had some Spigot rings arrive for the alloys to fit correctly. Just ordered new import plates to stick on after the spray. Just deciding what Tyres for the rears...hmmmm

:thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

245/40/17 if you mildly lowered ... 245/35/17 if your on the deck like mine :thumleft:

... cant wait to see the new paint .. super-duper :clap: :D 8)
nathan.z

Post by nathan.z »

2mad wrote:245/40/17 if you mildly lowered ... 245/35/17 if your on the deck like mine :thumleft:

I meant tyre brand :mrgreen: Used Toyo proxes t1r in the past but tempted by R888's or Yokohama ad08r.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

nathan.z wrote:
2mad wrote:245/40/17 if you mildly lowered ... 245/35/17 if your on the deck like mine :thumleft:

I meant tyre brand :mrgreen: Used Toyo proxes t1r in the past but tempted by R888's or Yokohama ad08r.

Arr got ya i had t1r's too ... i liked them .. best of luck pushing harder :thumleft: sure a member will help you decide O:)
DB Mr2

Post by DB Mr2 »

I've had Toyota t1rs on previous set of wheels and would not buy them again having also had falken fk451's in the past and fk452 currently.
For mid range on 16 wheels the falkens feel better to me. Nothibg against the t1rs just my preference.
If I track my mr2 I will go for the kuhmo's pistol Pete used on his sprint mr2.

Return to “Member Profiles”