XS-Power Group Buys

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Re: XS-Power Group Buys

Post by michael »

Bender Unit wrote:the external wastegate will be fine

Until it jams shut like the 3 or 4 I've heard about so far ;)
dude541

Post by dude541 »

i have to agree with micheal & james here!

xs power are just mass produced crap from china! supplied via ss autochrome,and as for someone not making anything outta this then look here!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-M ... enameZWDVW

its the same mass produced rubbish thats all over ebay.com
and ive seen the downpipes alone sell for as little as £30 each!
for instance.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Down-pip ... enameZWDVW

and as for the pictures of the exhaust they supply that are up earlier in this thread the pics are stolen from extremeboosts website!
so you may think your gonna get good quality from the pic,when really you will get a bag of poo!

this has been proven time & time again

this cheap tatt is everywhere!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Celica-G ... enameZWD1V

my 2p
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

I'll agree with this,

I can get the extremeboost exhaust systems and ssautochrome bought 1 and copied it, the one in the picture is the original version, i've seen theres. they look the same but the welds aren't as good and bad fittment.

And as for that intercooler, look at the inside of the pipes there going rusty already..............and if they can't manage to sort exhausts out whats the chances of producing a good quailty intercooler :shock:

Also that turbo pictured that has powerxs stamped on the side, they don't make there own they don't have the facilities to do this, they buy in cheap turbo's then stamp there names on them. If you look at alot of the turbo produced there not even water cooled and are the very old garrett t3t4's etc.

Tim
xxxx
michael

Post by michael »

xs-power

Post by xs-power »

well i thought it time to say Hello,
seems you guys have made up you minds though.....

first of all , you really do need to get the right facts about all of this,

we do not get any of out gear from china, no dis respect to china, but its just not true....

our products are just as good as HKS or any other manufacturer,
i can prove it too....
rather than put you 2 pence worth in, before getting the truth..
ask the right person first,
the turbo' your have pictured is not ours.......ok...not ours,
its as simple as that.......
the manifold is not even stainless steel, so not ours either,
i have all my cars with our products n,
and have not had one fault,
i have developed, many systems, for xspower/ss, and they are perfect,
many of you will probably not admit to, having an xs power part on your car because it is not hks or blitz, and thats the truth.....

but all is fine you will be the one's losing out...

i have many systems here and if you think the welding is not up to scratch, then thats fine you are welcolm to you opinion,

hey how about that for a first post \:D/
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

ok, can you please supply some close up pictures of your actual products for us to take a look at? for example, manifolds and downpipes?
xs-power

Post by xs-power »

sure but i don't know how to host them
maybe somone else can for me,
JohnA has done some already for me.
the back box is off an Gtr R32 skyline,
whats wrong with the welds on that? :-s
craig

Post by craig »

Holy xxxx, that is truly shocking!! :shock: :shock:

Glued turbo? WTF :x :evil:
michael

Post by michael »

xs-power wrote:sure but i don't know how to host them

http://www.photobucket.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

OMG :shock: . Don't think i'd want the job there replying to customers emails and feedback..... Jeesus
hicks

Post by hicks »

i have an xs power downpipe fitted to my car and i have to say i wouldnt recomend them. the welds are very good but fitment isnt so hot. also my wastegate sticks open due to getting stuck on the flange so im going to have to take it off (again) i grind the flange down (again) also the nuts,bolts and gaskets provided ae absolute cack.
michael

Post by michael »

Pete wrote:

OMG :shock: . Don't think i'd want the job there replying to customers emails and feedback..... Jeesus

I think it looks fun, you just call them names or pretend their email is bouncing :) I dare say most of the positive feedback they have is left when the package arrives rather than after trying to fit the item or a month after it's been fitted.
adamh

Post by adamh »

i have an xs -item, its good quality. i couldnt comment on the manifold as i dont have one
they are difficult to fit, but no more difficult than a standard catalyst, and a whole lot easier than taking your origonal equipment off.

for an aftermarket product at 90 quid.. they are good value.

heres my one. looks ok to me, welds were outstanding, all stainless construction, fitted nicely, for the money i was well pleased. brackets, nuts bolts, gaskets included.. what..you want to pay full price for toyota gaskets??

cmon.. be fair.. out 0f 29000 sales or whatever.. lets see photos of the bad eggs....[/img]

i'm sure now there's a u.k based outlet/site, the owner would be happy to help with any problems.. question..
can you help with any problems??
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

xs-power wrote:we do not get any of out gear from china, no dis respect to china, but its just not true....

I think there's a legal requirement to say where stuff is manufactured isn't there? Certainly the country of origin at the very least.

XS-Power downpipes and manifolds are made in China. I even have the address of the Chinese factory that makes them.

Rogue
vipernet55

Post by vipernet55 »

Ok, seeing as I had my aussie off to be welded I decided to take the turbo and manifold off and being the curious person that I am I replaced the turbo manifold with an xs-power one. I've even heatwrapped it to increase the chances of it cracking. I'll let you all know how I get on but I did show the manifold to a local engineering company and they inspected it and said it was pretty good apart from some overkill welding at the collector.

MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Rogue wrote:I think there's a legal requirement to say where stuff is manufactured isn't there? Certainly the country of origin at the very least.

XS-Power downpipes and manifolds are made in China. I even have the address of the Chinese factory that makes them.

Rogue

Patrick, aren't your own exhausts made in China? ;)

The point I'm trying to make here is that, so what if they're made in China? Labour rates are considerably cheaper in China, and industry is big there, so there's no reason why you can't get good quality from China. That comes down to Quality Assurance, and nothing to do with the location...
Dino
-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
Click here for MR2 Mania Website
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

MR2Mania wrote:Patrick, aren't your own exhausts made in China? ;)

The point I'm trying to make here is that, so what if they're made in China? Labour rates are considerably cheaper in China, and industry is big there, so there's no reason why you can't get good quality from China. That comes down to Quality Assurance, and nothing to do with the location...

Our exhaust systems are currently made in the UK, but our downpipes and revision3+ tubular manifolds are manufactured in China - I've made no secret of it! I don't know why people think that Chinese stuff is likely to be worse, because it all comes down to the QC specified by the customer.

The Chinese even have a more advanced Space program than ours!

Rogue
Muffleman

Post by Muffleman »

I just wish that as a punter I could get at the truth :shock:

An awful lot of goods nowadays come out of the PRC and it's not always a bad thing providing the quality is upto scratch and that there is an effective warranty in place. The problem I have is if I buy an intercooler or manifold and there is a fault, you then have to factor in the labour to remove and replace the knackered item.

But with that said, I'm not overly precious about there being a Blitz\HKS stamp on my intercooler - providing that the performance is at least as good.

Thing is, with all this 'he said she said', I just don't know !

Maybe XS-Power can clarify for us.

1. What, if any, is the relationship between XS-Power and SS Autochrome.
2. What sort of warranty comes with the goods.
3. What tests have been run to prove that the products are as good as their branded counterparts.

I have not asked about country of manufacture as I really couldn't give a toss if it's China, Australia or Wales. What's important is product quality, product backup and product performance.

Cheers

Matt
JohnA

Post by JohnA »

Firstly, this thread wasn't started as a 'where do XS-Power products come from' thread it was a group buy forum.

I'll update the first post with anyone who's interested, then I can contact Jason for a whopping discount. He's already promised some pretty amazing prices but if we can get a few people together I'll see if I can squeeze him a bit more :D PM me and I'll add you to the list. Provisional at this stage, I'll confirm before the order.

Secondly, a few people have asked for a few detailed pics of XS-Power stuff so here you go:

Spot the Nur Spec!!

XS-Power DP and standard r32 down pipe

Cheap glued turbo sir? Sorry we dont have any of those!

A lot of WRX Intercooler for not a lot of cash!
jamief

Post by jamief »

Well, in my opinion you should avoid this stuff like the plague.

I had an xspower downpipe, and it lasted a whole 24 hours before cracking. It was so badly made it pressed against the aircon compressor.

Look on the US boards for some other opinions of the xs-power stuff - its cheap rubbish imo and not worth the hassle. If you need a new manifold, get a well made one from a respected manafacturer, if you need a new downpipe go for an extremeboost.

For info on ssautochrome, do a search on them on the us boards - certainly the opinion seems to be that xspower = ssautochrome, and the stuff is made in china.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”