Jess's Rev 1 MK2

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

griffo20022

Jess's Rev 1 MK2

Post by griffo20022 »

Hi there guys a bit of an introduction thread aswell as the progress thread for Jess's car. We picked up Jess's car a few weeks ago now doing a 500 mile round trip from the Midlands to Kent and back again and to be honest it was worth it! :D we picked it up as a completely original 76K UK Auto with a good comprehensive service history. Upon viewing the car the only apparent problem was a blowing exhaust and the car drove back up to the Midlands without any fault what so ever :)

So first main job was to sort the blow out. I had initially pin pointed it to the joint between the cat and the rear silencer so in preperation ordered a decat pipe up and when that arrived I removed the cat and silencer off together to get at what once was two bolts holding the flanges together! Trying to break them off using a chisel it made itself apparent that it wasn't just the cat side of the flange which was knackered as the silencer came away from the cat without it's flange on anymore so that evening got straight onto the web and luckily managed to source a tidy second hand stainless silencer fortunately smack bang in the middle of a journey we were doing anyway for a set of wheels for my Nissan Leopard :)

So that evening after doing a 300mile round trip for the silencer and said wheels I got the new silencer and decat pipe fitted and job was a gooden :)

One other problem we had noticed during Jess's few weeks of ownership was MPG was pretty poor! Getting around 20-22mpg driving like Miss Daisy was not ideal! Initially I put it down to the exhaust blow but with it continuing after replacing this I got investigating, reading around the coolant temp sensor was mentioned fairly often so beings its an easy to replace, cheap item I tested the old unit yesterday, low and behold the resistance was completely out! A quick trip to Eurocarparts and £10 later we're now seeing approx 30-35 with a nice mix of driving :thumleft: So this is the journey so far!

Last weekend we got round to fitting a set of 30mm Apex springs and a set of 17x8 and 17x9 Yokohama Siena Road Battlers which have really helped the car to take shape! I was quite surprised just how well the MR2 arches swallowed the wheels up lol. I'm really loving how it's starting to look now and as much as it'd be nice to go lower i'm thinking more along the lines of lowering the bodies visuals with the likes of a nice subtle set of sideskirts, spats and front lip, what do you guys reckon? I don't think it helps having a black strip all around the bottom giving the impression of the car being higher than it is, anyway. Here's a few pics with the new changes anyway :)

Hope you like! Plans now are new wiper blades, subtle bodykit, new front ARB Droplinks and paint calipers The body is super clean to be fair and the interior is absolutely mint! Just missing a nice set of mats in there :)
craig

Re: Jess's Rev 1 MK2

Post by craig »

Looks a tidy example for a '91 UK rev1!

I take it that it's a 3SFE engine?

Plans to fit a turbo or V6 engine at all? Wheels area massive improvement over the 14" rev1 stockers!
griffo20022

Re: Jess's Rev 1 MK2

Post by griffo20022 »

Thanks dude, yer it's the 3SFE which coming from Jess's 4EFE Starlet even still is a nice upgrade :) eventually she would like to go down the turbo manual route but for the time being the FE does the job sound :)

Return to “Member Profiles”