Rev1 mk2 white. Spares or repair £200

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

neil c

Rev1 mk2 white. Spares or repair £200

Post by neil c »

Hi everyone,

Putting this up for sale as spares or repair as i'm sure someone could use bits off it and i don't have time to strip it myself. A bit about the car,

Toyota mr2 mk2 rev1 3sfe white
year 1990

127569 miles

currently sorn!
no mot v5 present

within the last 2000 miles the car had done, it had a service (oil filter/oil/plugs/dizzy/new rotor) also new rear pads and discs fitted. also some new nexen rear tyres.

avon front tyres 6mm all round both sides
nexen rear tyres 7mm all round both sides
powerflex rear anti roll bar bushed + new bush brackets (within last 2 years)
toyosport/japspeed full s/s exhaust
pipercross panel filter (needs a good clean)
new radiator (within last 2 years)
had welding done to the front anti-roll bar bracket where they usually corrode through the floor, and also the usual place under the seat belt mounting points.

ok now the bad points.

The car currently doesn't run. It ran untill i stopped using it so it is possibly a dead battery/broken starter or solenoid. was always reliable for me when using it everyday.
Clutch master cylinder is leaking, but i used to just top the fluid up now and again.
rocker cover gasket leaking.
Would idle at what it want's to. never bothered me as i wasn't really stopped for any length of time.
the cars been stood for 3 months now so the new rear discs look pretty rusty but would clean up fine after being used a bit.
Would need a new drivers side sill. few patches and one of the main reasons i stopped using it as i just didn't want to spend more money on it.
bottom of both doors and top of the windscreen have rust on them.

In my opinion, this would be too expensive a restoration(considering what the car is worth) to put back on the road. But this would be ideal for someone wanting parts for their own car. tyres are worth over £100 new, exhaust over £200, rear anti roll bar bushes/brackets over £40 so you get the picture.

car would have to be trailored away. also will come with a standard steering wheel and not the one pictured.

also have a new unfitted set of front dics and pads. i could include in the sale for a bit more. £30

Price £200
£230 with new unfitted front brakes

car located in prestatyn, north wales, ll19

either message me on here or email me - [email protected] :thumleft:

the reson for not keeping the white one myself was the purchase of this :thumleft:

oukie
IMOC Organiser

Re: Rev1 mk2 white. Spares or repair £200

Post by oukie »

Hi, I like the fog light free nose cone,

Clean lines,

Free bump.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Gullzter

Re: Rev1 mk2 white. Spares or repair £200

Post by Gullzter »

I like all the indicators on the new purchase :lol:
GLWTS :thumleft:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”