Dyno results

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nbvolks

Dyno results

Post by nbvolks »

Went to a local dyno day this Saturday and put the car on the rollers for 3 back to back runs, no time for adjustments.

First the details, it's a Gen2 at 15.5psi on 93 octane with the following mods:

ARC intake, ARC intercooler, ct20b, Kinugawa actuator, Berk downpipe, 2.5" b-pipe, GReddy SP exhaust, SARD ecu, Blitz dsbc, Walbro fuel pump, ATS bored fuel rail. All the maintenance stuff is up to date, like the cap, rotors, plugs, wires, and injectors were just cleaned and balanced.

So my immediate take away is that my settings on the boost controller need to be adjusted for high rpm bursts. I set it up for mainly driving around town and occasional back road blasts, but don't see much freeway driving and when I do, it's usually just cruising along. Clearly I need to turn the gain setting way down though, because it looks like the boost controller is cutting in and then trying to hold the engine at the limited boost setting which is closer to 14psi. The result is that I'm not building up to max hp potential, and maybe not max torque either. At least that's how I'm interpreting this. Anyone else have any ideas?

bobhatton

Re: Dyno results

Post by bobhatton »

What spring is in the Kinugawa actuator?
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Was that fly hp or wheel hp ?
nbvolks

Post by nbvolks »

bobhatton wrote:What spring is in the Kinugawa actuator?

The 1bar one. But when I installed it, I set it to respond similarly to the stock actuator as a starting point, because I also was installing a newly rebuilt ct20b and wanted to have a low starting point and adjust up from there. With the actuator arm turned out to where I have it it will crack open at 11psi. I'm going to set it a little tighter, closer to the 1bar mark and see where that puts me. If that doesn't do the trick I have the 1.2bar spring here as well and could install that with the actuator arm turned out some.
nbvolks

Post by nbvolks »

2mad wrote:Was that fly hp or wheel hp ?

Wheel horsepower. I don't think dynos will output flywheel horsepower (bhp) unless there's some sort of modifier that can be programmed in. The estimated bhp would be around 283bhp.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Then thats very nice numbers buddy :clap: :thumleft:
nbvolks

Post by nbvolks »

2mad wrote:Then thats very nice numbers buddy :clap: :thumleft:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy, but just want to tighten up the actuator and boost controller responses so I can squeeze a little more out of it, and do so more smoothly. Then....see what 17.5psi nets me. :D
2mad

Post by 2mad »

nbvolks wrote:
2mad wrote:Then thats very nice numbers buddy :clap: :thumleft:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy, but just want to tighten up the actuator and boost controller responses so I can squeeze a little more out of it, and do so more smoothly. Then....see what 17.5psi nets me. :D

290 odd @the fly thats what i was running and i ran water/meth ... really good numbers mate ... hats off to ya \:D/

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”