Water/Meth Kits

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Odin_S

Water/Meth Kits

Post by Odin_S »

Hi guys, as some of you may know I've had my car rebuilt by Luke at Pacific Works (Very happy with it)

What the best kit to get, that take up the least amount of space ( not using my screen washer)

A few specs
GT 3076R
800cc injectors
Link G4
Phoenix Power SMIC
bobhatton

Re: Water/Meth Kits

Post by bobhatton »

Odin_S wrote:Hi guys, as some of you may know I've had my car rebuilt by Luke at Pacific Works (Very happy with it)

What the best kit to get, that take up the least amount of space ( not using my screen washer)

A few specs
GT 3076R
800cc injectors
Link G4
Phoenix Power SMIC

If you have the correct compression pistons for the fuel and boost you want to run, you do not need water injection. Spend your money on a very large air to water charge cooler system.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Hit up t.f.s on here and ebay he knows his stuff and will see you right :thumleft:

W/m worked like magic on my old car .. hope it works as well for you :thumleft:

Forgot to say agreed with bob but im sure Luke built your engine right .. water meth just makes it better :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I have Wossner 8:0.1 pistons.

Which Charge cooler system would be suitable. Bear in mind it must stay in the engine bay?
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Odin_S wrote:I have Wossner 8:0.1 pistons.

Sounds right to me :thumleft: gonna be a beast :mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Gt4 st205's tried and tested but might be a bit small for your setup .. see a few on here with mega sized ebay chargecooler cores .. they seem to work well .. have a word with sheppy hes looking in to this also :thumleft: iirr 8-[

Jimgts chargecooler thread .. http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... c&start=20
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

The GT4 core would be a step back from a PP smic imo. Phoenix Power is supposed to be rated to 500bhp. The idea behind the water/meth is more of an added safety from detonation. Not really adding power.
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Odin_S wrote:The GT4 core would be a step back from a PP smic imo. Phoenix Power is supposed to be rated to 500bhp. The idea behind the water/meth is more of an added safety from detonation. Not really adding power.

If you turn water injection on without the engine detonating you will just lose power as it drops the temperature in the cylinders so then the pressure drops.

I cannot see a side mount air to air intercooler working at 500hp, it is way too small for that.

A big water to air like Jim had works very well
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Odin_S wrote:The idea behind the water/meth is more of an added safety from detonation. Not really adding power.

Yeah me too .. The extra powers nice though :wink: I ran mine with a xs power sidemount and the car ran very very well (290bhp estimate) :thumleft: I was so happy with the setup i axed the gt4 chargecooler idea and sold the setup i had stashed away.

Id go big chargecooler on your build though (plus water/meth) .. you'll be pushing way more power than 290 :clap: :mrgreen:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Yea, i hear you guys, as good as Jim's CC build was, it was bespoked. Apart from Rogue's kit which other of the shelf CC for the SW20 is there?
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

all CC set ups are bespoke tbh, from mounting the prerad, routing pipework, mouting the pump.. its all custom work

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”