[Mk2] [Turbo] Code 43 STA indicator?

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SpamDubz

[Mk2] [Turbo] Code 43 STA indicator?

Post by SpamDubz »

I've got an issue with my Rev 2 turbo engine. Basically yesterday morning I put my car on the ramp to change the exhaust over and when I went through the brake rollers my AFM came unplugged and the car ran super rich and only idled awfully. That's fine I just plugged the AFM back in and all was okay.

Later on that day after driving around for a while my car just died and wasn't throwing up the engine light. I can start it but it will stop immediately after it fires. I can keep it running if I don't let it idle and just keep the throttle on. It misses quite a bit if I hold the rpm up.

Basically I checked for codes and it's coming up as 24, 31, and, 43. 24 and 31 appeared when my AFM was unplugged but 43 didn't. I have no idea what it means and don't know where to start. My AFM is plugged in ive checked the basic visuals like wiring, wiggling plugs for connection issues etc to no joy. I've also searched the code on here to see if anyone has had it before but I couldn't find anything. My guess would be the AFM has popped itself.

I need the car for work Tuesday so need to sort it ASAP.

Thanks for any input,

Dan.
Pauln

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Code 43 STA indicator?

Post by Pauln »

Here's a useful link to error codes:

Error codes

Paul

Return to “Electrical”