Where's the O2 sensor on a rev3 na?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

wenguin

Where's the O2 sensor on a rev3 na?

Post by wenguin »

As topic - can't see it from above, do I need to get underneath?

Also, found a loose grey plug with a single pin hanging in the engine bay, not sure if it's from an unused AC system or is something to do with the o2 sensor, will post a pic later.
mr2matt

Re: Where's the O2 sensor on a rev3 na?

Post by mr2matt »

Hi

The Lambda (O2) sensor is bolted into the top of the downpipe, just before it goes over the top of the rear subframe. If you look down between the engine and boot firewall you might see it next to the lower engine mount. Easy to get at from underneath, its connection plug is about 150-200mm above itself (underneath the lower intake manifold).

As for the grey single pin plug you found, I think I found something similar once near the engine fan on the drivers side intake vent, is that where yours is?
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

mr2matt wrote:Hi

The Lambda (O2) sensor is bolted into the top of the downpipe, just before it goes over the top of the rear subframe. If you look down between the engine and boot firewall you might see it next to the lower engine mount. Easy to get at from underneath, its connection plug is about 150-200mm above itself (underneath the lower intake manifold).

As for the grey single pin plug you found, I think I found something similar once near the engine fan on the drivers side intake vent, is that where yours is?
Cheers, will need to get underneath then! Convinced there is something wrong with the sensor even though it's only been in a year. Bad install maybe..

I believe this is the connector I found, drivers side near the vent as you say:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jerem_r ... 7.jpg.html
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

The magnetic clutch on the aircon compressor uses a single pin grey connector in that area, so if the aircon has been removed that's most likely what it is.

Paul
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

Cheers. Found the box of the lambda sensor I had a mechanic install, it's a DOX-0101.

Gonna have a look later and make sure it's wired properly, trying go figure out why (I think) I'm overfueling like crazy!!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”