[Mk2] [Turbo] Pipework help please

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bri0905

[Mk2] [Turbo] Pipework help please

Post by bri0905 »

Hi

Long story short the car has been apart for far too long and rather embarrassingly I have forgotten where a few things should be.

I've taken some photos, please advise if you can.

The above pipe I think would have gone into the air intake pipe, no longer have this, gt3076 and 4" intake means it's gone. Should this be open to atmos or attached elsewhere? One more pics below where it goes up towards the intake manifold. It's the one that runs under the exposed wires.

Next, I think is the air intake temp sensor. Again no std intake pipe and about to fit a link G3 from martinF so will I need this fitting somewhere? And if so where? Pre turbo or post charge cooler?

Finally, I've fitted a catch tank as I've binned the std one. I have the main rocker cover breather going into the catch tank but on the o/s there is another, can I bung both the hole in the rocker and the pipe where it goes into the intake manifold to force everything to go out via the catch tank.

Sorry one more. Can someone point me to where the fuel tank breather pipe is, I've had a hunt but am not 100% sure where it is.

Thanks
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
jimGTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Pipework help please

Post by jimGTS »

1, look like oem catch can hose, but as youve sorted the catchcan out, id have to say it must be the idle valve hose. this needs to be feed pre turbo, OR get a small filter on the end.

2, is another part of the idle hose, this should go to the idle valve under the throttle body, which it looks like its doing. you could technically put your filter here instead of in 1.

3, intake sensor for the filter pre turbo, you can just leave this hanging by the air filter your using. doesnt have to be "in" anything really.

4, no, do not block this, leave as standard. though i have seen people have this also going to the catchcan, though im sure theres a good reason why toyota fitted it the way they have
bri0905

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Pipework help please

Post by bri0905 »

Jim

Thanks 1+2 are the same pipe so yeah I'll get a little filter for that.

3+4 thanks I'll follow your advise.

Brian
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!

Return to “Modifications”