Ceased brakes

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bumble-bee

Ceased brakes

Post by Bumble-bee »

Hi guys I have ceased rear calliper im guessing both sides but the drivers side won't budge!!!

Any help from you guys to solve this problem or if any of you have a set of the two rear callipers for sale I'll take them off you if I can afford it but I want the Pistons pushed all the way back so they won't be ceased!

Thanks guys

Anthony
turbo cookie!

Re: Ceased brakes

Post by turbo cookie! »

Bumble-bee wrote:Hi guys I have ceased rear calliper im guessing both sides but the drivers side won't budge!!!

Any help from you guys to solve this problem or if any of you have a set of the two rear callipers for sale I'll take them off you if I can afford it but I want the Pistons pushed all the way back so they won't be ceased!

Thanks guys

Anthony

give mr2 a call he has used sets for sale...
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Don't mean to sound dump man but, who's mr2?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

rear pistons screw inwards so pushing them back in wont work. Normally you can twist them in using a pair of needle nosed pliers but there are special tools out there for the job. Bigred do refurb'd calipers to save you the hassle of buying kits and doing it yourself.
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

I bought big-red style refurbed fronts from an ebay seller, and then sourced a set of rear calipers from a breaker for £10. Cleaned them up, got them powder coated and then boughta big red refurb kit and fitted it.

Powercoating was most expensive part, but I had time on my hands as mine weren't seized up completely (handbrake mechanism was borked).

so TLDR probably just buy a refurbed one from bigred/ebay!
Draven

Post by Draven »

Bumble-bee wrote:Don't mean to sound dump man but, who's mr2?

mr2ben

:thumleft:
turbo cookie!

Post by turbo cookie! »

sorry phone must have cut ben off :mrgreen:

(poor ben) :mrgreen:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”