2003 MK3 Roadster Softtop in Red.

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Devilgate

2003 MK3 Roadster Softtop in Red.

Post by Devilgate »

Hi All - Selling my Wife's MR2 in North London, near Barnet.

We're about to trade in my wife's MK3 - but wanted to offer it to some enthusiast first for pretty much the trade in price. 61,000 miles on it and the oil is clear.

I've serviced this regularly and in the 3-4 years we've owned it: I've changed fluids and oil, air filters every 5,000 miles.

It has virtually new front discs and pads - *UPDATE* Now also installed the new rear discs and pads this week.

I replaced the aerial with an aftermarket. Replaced an oxygen sensor (LHS top). Other than that it's been absolutely brilliant.

Cosmetically, the car is straight. There are a few nicks and scratches around corners (from people parking too close), the wheels need to be dipped and sprayed in my opinion.

Rear bumper - last week a plastic insert went missing RHS.

Front bumper - plastic number plate mount squashed in one corner. (Another gift from a crap parking stranger) *UPDATE* Now repaired.

RHS headlight shows faint signs of sun damage (if you look across it).

And if I was keeping it, I'd get new tyres for her. They've probably got another Summer on them.

Otherwise, it drives beautifully and it's fantastically clean, thanks to my toothbrush level cleaning. Even the wheel arches are spotless.

It took us 6 months to find one that was mechanically sound and hadn't been thrashed - so the next owner will get years of top-down fun out of it.

I've restored cars in the past, but never got 'round to touching up any scratches, and re-spraying the wheels - I have some water-base acrylic base coat, if you think you'll use it. And I have the complete digital workshop/service manual for it.

I will upload some pics of it - but best to come see it.

Like to get £2200 for it - were offered 1900 as trade in. Much prefer to sell it to an enthusiast who can appreciate how clean & sound it is.

See many more detailed pics at:
https://plus.google.com/104157015860559446476/posts/g8LcBCEgLso

I've titled pics that show any imperfections - but included things like door jams and sills just to show how thoroughly it gets cleaned.

I can be available this week to sell it and arrange hand over.

**UPDATE** 21.03.15
I have now repaired the front number plate mount and cleaned up the brake calipers. Also touched up any stone chips and tiny scratches. It's looking really good. I'll update the pics on Google+ today. If I get time, I may even give it polish.
Thanks for all the interest.
Last edited by Devilgate on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:55 am, edited 10 times in total.
Ben

Re: 2003 MK3 Roadster Softtop in Red.

Post by Ben »

Not for me I'm afraid, but it might help to say where you are in the country :)
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

Best gets some pics up - you can upload them to imgur and post the links if it won't let you put photos in your post.
oddshoes

Post by oddshoes »

Would be interested to see photos and more specs please
xstian

Post by xstian »

PM sent
ckh

Post by ckh »

still for sale?