[Mk2] [NA] Starting Issue

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rawwwrs

[Mk2] [NA] Starting Issue

Post by rawwwrs »

Hi Everyone I am hoping your brains could help solve my problem my Mr2 has been running fine for good few months since I put Shell V power which is supposed to be perfect fuel but engine light came on could of been one of those things and it stayed on but after a few weeks car wont start. I started it up today with no problem musta been running a good 5 mins then it cut out. I cranked it again the car is catching but that milisec of it catching it cuts out i put new sparks in and ht leads still the same but lately I have been keying it to flame pop the exhausts but thats only in shows. Do you think that has caused a problem within the coil pack or if any of you guys have more ideas let me know I will be much appreciated.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Starting Issue

Post by Peter Gidden »

You'll probable get more replies if you make your post easy to read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

Error codes?

When was car last properly serviced? - Distributor cap rotor arm etc.

What exactly is "keying to make flames"? Won't be doing the car any good and totally pointless - maybe go to adult shows in the future and leave impressing the kids to the Punch & Judy man. :roll:

Return to “Electrical”