big brake conversion advice

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

beno255

big brake conversion advice

Post by beno255 »

Hi guys. I am thinking of upgrading to 4 pot brakes on the front but can not seem to find much online about this. Any suggestions of what to go for and where to get these from would be great!
Race Idiot

Re: big brake conversion advice

Post by Race Idiot »

If you want to keep resonable brake bias then WMS is your best bet, theres a thread in the affiliates section.
craig

Post by craig »

What's your reasoning for big brakes on the front? Considered brake bias?
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

beno255 wrote:Hi guys. I am thinking of upgrading to 4 pot brakes on the front but can not seem to find much online about this. Any suggestions of what to go for and where to get these from would be great!

Tbh on an NA unless your thinking of track days etc, I'd keep the stock set up and make sure your brakes all works, maybe put on some braided hoses, then carbotech brake pads if your wanting good biting and stopping power.

I've had both yellow stuff, red stuff and carbotechs all round and must say you can't beat the carbotechs for their stopping power

You'll just need to wash your wheels more often as they're quite dusty

4 pots would be expensive, and outweigh the gains to be made on a daily

Just my thoughts :thumleft:
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

I got 8 pot d2 and the brake bias is bad feels like 95% front and 5% rear braking bias is very important... hi spec front and rear is what i would go for

Or stick to wat u got and get carbotech ax6 front and rear bite from cold is good more then enough
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
craig

Post by craig »

juliankv73 wrote:
beno255 wrote:Hi guys. I am thinking of upgrading to 4 pot brakes on the front but can not seem to find much online about this. Any suggestions of what to go for and where to get these from would be great!

Tbh on an NA unless your thinking of track days etc, I'd keep the stock set up and make sure your brakes all works, maybe put on some braided hoses, then carbotech brake pads if your wanting good biting and stopping power.

I've had both yellow stuff, red stuff and carbotechs all round and must say you can't beat the carbotechs for their stopping power

You'll just need to wash your wheels more often as they're quite dusty

4 pots would be expensive, and outweigh the gains to be made on a daily

Just my thoughts :thumleft:

I have Goodridge braided lines, RBF600 brake fluid, stock rev3 calipers and disks, with Carbotech pads. Awesome stopping power. :thumleft:
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

RedMR² wrote:I have Goodridge braided lines, RBF600 brake fluid, stock rev3 calipers and disks, with Carbotech pads. Awesome stopping power. :thumleft:

Forgot about brake fluid lol, any fluid that's been in for a time is worth changing when assessing and renewing your brake system :thumleft:

I'll certainly be telling my dad to buy the above when he renews his brakes etc and changing his suspension set up! Mm now what to go for Meister R's or some good oem struts :-k

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”