rev 3 turbo power steering issue

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

woz_106

rev 3 turbo power steering issue

Post by woz_106 »

Hi guys,

I've got a 94 rev 3 import turbo with PAS/ABS and Traction control

Last night on my way home my steering went heavy and now only seems to work for the first 30 secs from starting the engine before it goes stiff again. The PS light comes on for 5 secs and goes off. Called the faults and non stored the PS flashes quickly.

I've tried so far the 20 ignition on offs and also replacing the PAS relay that seems quite common on the 2s. Also tried a different sensor on the steering switch gear to no avail.

The fluid level is slightly low but nothing too major and it works perfect for those first 30sec then it kicks out.

I've been driving round this evening and I'm now beginning to see its behaviour is very dumb, as I slow down and got to 6mph it went light again then when i became stationary it was like a tank again.

Could this be linked to my speed converter on the clocks or worse the PAS ECU or control unit?

Don't know if any one has come across this before but any help would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help
woz_106

Re: rev 3 turbo power steering issue

Post by woz_106 »

Bump, anyone experienced this before?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”