[FINALIZED] Beautiful MR2 mk2 REV5 Sonic Shadow T-Bar N/A

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GHOST

Beautiful MR2 mk2 REV5 Sonic Shadow T-Bar N/A

Post by GHOST »

For sale, my 5th MR2, and by far the nicest one I've owned. Unfortunately though, a change in my job has ensured I'm doing a lot more miles and fate has landed a low mileage MX5 mk3 with super low miles on me that is now sitting in my garage. So the MR2 needs a new home.

I searched high and low for a really good one this time around and I finally found her. I'm not in a hurry to sell her and I want a decent owner for her.

Anyway. Details...

UK car. 1998, S reg. Last of the MK2 revisions. Presently has a private plate. This is not included in the sale and the car will revert back to its original number.

Mileage: Very low 81,000 miles. Various MOT and paperwork to prove this. The engine and bodywork also support this.

Spec/Features/Modifications

Interior: Full black leather interior. In excellent condition. No rips or tears and no chafing. Momo steering wheel, gearstick and handbrake. Expensive Kenwood double din CD/Radio/MP3/USB/Bluetooth stereo.

Exhaust: Twin exit Mongoose SS and decat.

Wheels: 17" Rota Torque in dusky bronze. Staggered. 9J rears, 8J fronts. Perfect balance for the mk2. Cost over £700 around 9 months ago. Immaculate condition.

Tyres: Fronts - Toyo T1R's 215/40/17. Rears - Toyo T1 Sports 245/40/17. I put these on with the Rotas and covered probably less than 2000 miles.

Brakes: Performance grooved discs, front and rear. Green stuff pads. Discs and pads only been on since last MOT so virtually new.

Suspension: Turbo Bilstiens dampers, front and rear. Turbo springs on the rear. Apex springs on the front with 35mm drop. Rear Apex springs and front turbo springs included in the sale. Personally I found the rears rubbed sometimes because of the wide tyres when lowered so I opted for the turbo springs on the rear because I didn't want to roll the arches at the time. When the shockers were fitted I also bought and fitted brand new bump stops all round.

Engine: Standard aside from platinum plugs and K&N panel filter.

Lights: Rogue low rise twins. HID on main and full beam. If you know your MR2s then you know how expensive these are!

Security: CAT1 Falcon Predator EVO4+ Alarm/Immobilsor with remote start feature. Two control fobs. Plus normal factory fitted Toyota security.

Other stuff: Turbo vented engine cover. Better venting even on the N/A. Smoked side light/repeaters. Black REV1 T-Bar shades. Tinted windows. Upgraded Vibe speakers.

Extras not on car: Full original headlights. Complete set of original mud flaps. Original REV5 steering wheel and gearknob. Full interior centre console, gear stick and steering wheel surround. Chrome gearstick surround and brand new leather gear gaitor, red stitched to match the original spec. I was spraying this console gloss black but the weather turned cold. Original N/A engine cover, 2 pairs of spare side vents. Cat convertor for its MOT. Loads more.

Work done: cambelt by previous owner, around 60k. New clutch prior to me buying the car (again, if you know your MR2s you can tell the clutch isn't that old). Full oil, plugs and filter change for last MOT.

Mechanically, the car is perfect. Aside from the various parts listed above I've only had to replace an ABS sensor since I bought her. The engine is smooth and responsive. There are no knocks or rattles. The ride is firm but stable.

All usual REV5 goodies like front wheel wind deflectors and adjustable combat spoiler. ABS. PS. EL. Since I've owned her two separate mechanics have said is one of the tidiest MR2s they've seen.

Price is £2500 with the Rotas, Toyos and stereo.

Without the wheels and stereo I'm looking for £2200 ovno. The car will have the 17" Momos and legal tyres that came on the car when I bought her. Still very nice to be honest but not perfect condition.

She really is a great example of a modern classic which has been much loved by myself and the previous owner. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or mail me at [email protected]. Or call/text on 0751 984 0397. I've probably missed loads out.

Viewings more than welcome. I'm located in Cumbria, 30 miles from Carlisle.

Photos at the photo bucket link here:

http://s591.photobucket.com/user/davidh ... REV5/story

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

David
l1ca

Re: [FINALIZED] Beautiful MR2 mk2 REV5 Sonic Shadow T-Bar N/A

Post by l1ca »

One of the nicest cars ive seen on this forum!

If I was looking for a MK2 id be snapping this up, good luck with the sale.
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

Cheers mate, had a couple of interested messages already. Will be sad to her go but needs must.
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

Lovely car - glwts
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

T-bar I take it?
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

Clues in the title :thumleft:
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

Yes, it's a T-Bar. Hasn't been off lately though!
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Rev5GT wrote:Clues in the title :thumleft:

D'oh !!... so it is...think i need to go to Specsavers !!..lol!
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

Car went today. She looked beautiful as she drove off and I'm a bit sad. Gone to a good home though.

Buyer was Marc CRA161E, really nice guy.

Cheers,
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was CRA161E

Return to “MR2s for Sale”