Project REV5 Turbo ............ Lots of big changes

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

TheLepresean

Re: Project REV5 Turbo ............ Lots of big changes

Post by TheLepresean »

Whilst you take quite a bit of flack for your indecisiveness and some of the options that you've picked along the way (those risers... really?! haha!) this is turning into one hell of a stunning car. Really really love it. Please let me know if and when you ever do decide to sell!! :pray:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

haha thanks man

you will be first to know if she goes :D :thumleft:
TheLepresean

Post by TheLepresean »

I'll hold you to that mate :thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

well after a long 9 month journey :O she is finally done and the bodywork is finished

here she is on her exit from her long term home in the unit haha

and just like that off she went

:thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

when i got it home was when the fun started haha

that night all seemed perfect parked it up and relaxed knowing it was finaly back went to bed happy

parked up with the wifes matching roadster

anyway got up next morning and noticed 1 wheel was black which immediatly caused alarm bells

turns out passenger rear calliper was pretty much stuck solid, so the car at this point became undriveable

so i bought a rebuild kit to get that issue sorted and started putting things back together

fitted the center but then realised my handbrake also needed attention so removed that again lol

fitted the nitrous in place properly

the icon chip which needs mapping so is currently unplugged lol

boot liner

dials and interior trim

also noticed d1 spec alloy nuts are dangerous and dont tighten so bought these to replace them on both cars
genuine rays nuts with matching locking nuts :)

gave the engine a clean as was full of dust

was banging the engine lid on the roof spoiler so i bought the gas strut that came up for sale on here but was a bit tatty so stripped it back polished all the ends up and re painted the outer ram and powder coated the brackets :D cos im anal

craig

Post by craig »

Looks fantastic mate. Glad you got rid of those chavvy high rise spoiler plates :sick:

Finishing piece would be a Rev 3 turbo engine or a V6! :thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

next i managed to get hold of a little gem

genuine anniversary dark grey rear badge :D

also didnt want the learner driver wakaba leaf or whatever it is lol so got this as my undertray looked bare

next up was stereo as i had totaly removed all the old stereo wiring i totally rewired it using good gauge wire

also totally sound deadened the door cards with double 4mm sound deadening
also made mdf speaker ring adaptord which i sealed and painted

this point my momo carbon wheel was also installed with the switch for the nitrous with an ever so fast and furious theme haha

then the door card was re attached

along with the wolfie courtesy light covers and led bulbs

drilled a 15mm hole in door card to feed wires through to the crossovers for a tidy install

went for a full jbl gto set up inc amp 6.5" woofers tweeters which were attached to the original brackets from the oem tweeters and also sound deadened behind and 4 gauge amp wiring and 3mm speaker wire and al gold plated connections

also just recieved these tein pilowball tension rods which are like new which wil be fitted with the ultra under brace at some point next week

alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

RedMR² wrote:Looks fantastic mate. Glad you got rid of those chavvy high rise spoiler plates :sick:

Finishing piece would be a Rev 3 turbo engine or a V6! :thumleft:

yea moment of madness haha

i did plan a swap but been fooked over with 3 turbo engines 1 was a full car i was gonna buy and also a 3vzfe v6 i got done over with so ive kinda given up at the min tbh lol
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

anyhow at this point everything went boobs up lol

after the calliper seizing and handbrake problems i went to turn the car round to fit the other side speaker and would you know the car had sank on the gravel and no matter what i couldnt get it off

so after a couple of days of trying we managed to get a jack in there due to how low it is and its sank situation lol and got a pavement slab under

decided to lay 2 rows of slabs so we struggled like mad moving it as it kept getting stuck over and over but in the end got it on to the pavement.........

then the car bottomed out on the pavement scraping the sill trim accross the pavement

:pale: :pale: :pale:

and after a 258,000,000 point turn the poop hit the fan and the front wheel decided to catch the underside of the arch with the tyre and bend the wing out :( at this point it was going up for sale haha

i managed to fold the arch back in but the wing was badle dented but no paint damage somehow lol

we went to collect the paving slabs but the place only had 6 in stock typical so we laid them on a sand cement base and calle dit a day

then parked her back on the drive :)

anyway my mate owns just dents paintless dent removal and came out to the rescue

fixed my wing back to perfection somehow done a few other litte dings i didnt know i had and also removed the dings from the roadster all in all 17 dents lol

so i was happy again

then yesterday we finished the slabs and today i now have a drive :) i can get on and off and not worry about my car sinking

also sports our local group stickers with our personal numbers

and im back in love with it :)
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

i also thought it would be a good idea to polish up my trd gear knob today but once id done it i didnt like it so its getting powder coated matt back lol and ill paint in the red trd again

was a very bad idea hahahaha oh well
WhisperingWasp

Post by WhisperingWasp »

Mate, where did you get your gauge pod from? I have one that replaces the vents and I'm not that keen on it...
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Carbenfiber creations but he dont do them now mate
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Outstanding car. :clap: Love all the little bits of detail, gear shift change plate etc, just brilliant! I wish my interior was this tidy!
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Thanks mate

Appreciate the nice words

Sometimes i think am i going too far with this stuff lol i get obsessed and it drives me mad #-o
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

well been a while since i updated and its fair to say a lot has changed

i was never happy with the look of the car unsure if it was an age thing or what but i decided the kit the carbon all had to go and i wanted to go back to something that looked more oem

so i started to strip her and sold everything on :)

i managed to source all the original parts in black so thats how it sits at the min looking rather sorry for itself lol

but the bast part was this little gem that came up for a price i could not refuse

rev3 turbo clip
lsd box
abs hubs
driveshafts
greddy i/c
trc
service history
very low miles
etc etc

that is booked in to be fitted at mr2bitz last week in jan first week feb so looking forward to this

already painting and powder coating parts in preperation for the swap

also got my hands on a trd rear brace and had it freshly coated to look good as new again

ive got my big brakes ready to go on so it stops aswell as it goes

and also tret myself to a brand new set of 18" 8-9j et30-et20 volk rays te37's which are bronze but will be powder coated white before fitting as thats what i wanted but sadly didnt have these spec's in stock in white for 3 month so i worked around it lol

also bought all new matching federal tyres which were advertised on tyre leader as rsr turns out there not but they were very cheap which i suppose should of raised alarm bels but hey ho if they ast 6 months ill be happy lol

got a rev3 front splitter which will be gloss black against the red

and a new pair of ultra rear underbraces to go with the fronts i already have fitted

and lastly a 3rd brakelight less rear hoop for a cleaner smoother look at the rear

and after selling the 45mm boost gauge to swap for the 52mm 1 ive sold that and bought another 45mm 1 as looked a lot tidier inside
so my list of parts is adding up again lol

once the engine is in detailed set up and rinning great im going to take it back to work and give it another rub back and fresh coat of paint so everything is good as new again and color coded then enjoy the summer with her :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

You really need more than one SW20 mate!!
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Hahaha your not the first to make that point lol
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

looking forward to the new look mate, cant believe you're going to get a brand new set of genuine TE37's blasted and powdercoated though :shock:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
craig

Post by craig »

Have to agree with rob Alan. Fair dos if they were a scabby set etc, but brand new, authentic Rays TE37s? :shock:

Looking forward to seeing the result when finished though.
JD

Post by JD »

Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:looking forward to the new look mate, cant believe you're going to get a brand new set of genuine TE37's blasted and powdercoated though :shock:

Yeah - I suppose it's fine as long as you don't mind all the smart-ar$e "nice Rotas m8" comments :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”