Sheps AbFlug Kitted Mr2.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Odin_S

Re: Sheps AbFlug Kitted Mr2.

Post by Odin_S »

Very beautiful job! Thank god you haven't gone for all black wheels or silly aero wiper blades, which stick out on the windscreen like a sore thumb :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Odin_S wrote:Very beautiful job! Thank god you haven't gone for all black wheels or silly aero wiper blades, which stick out on the windscreen like a sore thumb :thumleft:

yeah I'm not into that kind of thing, i wanted it just to look like an abflug kitted mr2 and I think I've achieved that, somebody (on another club page) suggested a toms scoop and afterburner lights (whatever the hell they are) :roll: :roll:

i hate black wheels, hence the white, I think black takes away from the shape, same with black cars, hard to see the lines on a black car, or maybe I need specs :)
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

It's all about contrast, it's a modding sin to to put all black wheels on a black car imo.

This and Aero wiper blades! Oops better keep quiet as some owners have them on here lol
 :oldtongue:

I have a black Turbo but I have tried to keep good colour contrasts... well you judge

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Odin_S wrote:It's all about contrast, it's a modding sin to to put all black wheels on a black car imo.

This and Aero wiper blades! Oops better keep quiet as some owners have them on here lol

I have a black Turbo but I have tried to keep good colour contrasts... well you judge

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/Odin_S/ACE4editlogo_zps303fce88.jpg[/URL]

that does look good :shock: yeah aero blades, ganador mirros, lexus lights, get in the bin!! i was a bit worried the abflug would look chaavvy but I think I've managed (just) to keep it clean and JDM looking :)
Nails

Post by Nails »

Looks great. Got to love the abflug kit. Ask engine lid is a must imho.
craig

Post by craig »

Does look good, it really goes to show how people's perceptions of what works and what doesn't, differ!

I personally would put black wheels on it, but then that's me. I'm putting these on my black turbo which is more black than the original 202:

I love black wheels on a black car, but then I'm a big Knightrider fan! Hence the black T top. :lol:

I'd aso be tempted to leave it with no spoiler on, it has the bulk now with the arches to pull it off, but again, personal preference and all that.

What it REALLY needs is a Honda S2000 start button! 8-[ :wink:

Seriously though, nice work, the patience has paid off. Enjoy. :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

hahahaha, I've been thinking about a start buttong a lot since I ripped into you for having one!!! I would deffo have to do aweay with the key completely though :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

sheppy wrote:hahahaha, I've been thinking about a start buttong a lot since I ripped into you for having one!!! I would deffo have to do aweay with the key completely though :thumleft:

lol :mrgreen:

My other half has a 2010 1 series M Sport which has a start button as standard.

To start the car:

1. Key fob in slot
2. Clutch depressed
3. Push start button

And that's factory BMW! That's one extra step compared to mine, which will be:

1. Ignition on
2. Push button (out of gear of course! :lol:)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Nails wrote:Looks great. Got to love the abflug kit. Ask engine lid is a must imho.

is that the F40 style one?? I'm planning to get one :) also planning to get the big 1 piece panel in place of the T-bars too for that clean aerotop look!
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Odin_S wrote:It's all about contrast, it's a modding sin to to put all black wheels on a black car imo.

I think mines looks better:

But then id also say that we are all biased :lol:
I do think only a few select cars and colours of cars suit all black wheels though!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:
sheppy wrote:hahahaha, I've been thinking about a start buttong a lot since I ripped into you for having one!!! I would deffo have to do aweay with the key completely though :thumleft:

lol :mrgreen:

My other half has a 2010 1 series M Sport which has a start button as standard.

To start the car:

1. Key fob in slot
2. Clutch depressed
3. Push start button

And that's factory BMW! That's one extra step compared to mine, which will be:

1. Ignition on
2. Push button (out of gear of course! :lol:)

I wanna just do this :

1. Press fob to unlock
2.Flick switch for ignition
3.Press start button.

No key needed, it has been mentioned that no steering lock is an MOT fail :(
JD

Post by JD »

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/Odin_S/ACE4editlogo_zps303fce88.jpg[/URL]

A little bit of "wee" came out.

Very nice.

Also, shep that kit looks really nice - and the colour looks good too. Must feel good to have it all done :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

So good man!! I'm gonna drive it for a year before doing anything other than service items, then after that start an engine build, nothing mental or OTT, basically the same mods yours if i'm honest :)
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

sheppy wrote:I wanna just do this :

1. Press fob to unlock
2.Flick switch for ignition
3.Press start button.

No key needed, it has been mentioned that no steering lock is an MOT fail :(

Steering lock is not required for MOT.

Might want to see if anyone will insure you before dispensing with steering lock and key-based ignition switch before messing.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I didn't think it was, i need to stop believing half the stuff i read on here :) yeah Peter that's maybe a good shout, it never crossed my mind. The car would still be fully alarmed and immobilised, my starter motor is disabled as well as the fuel pump obviously requiring the fob.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

A wee update regarding spacers, done about 300 miles on them now without any problems, this includes some spirited runs and a few 1/4 mile races. No wheel wobble or anything, gonna take the wheels off and check the torque of the spacers, make sure they are still at 140Nm :thumleft:

the car does tramline a bit (not sure if it's the crap roads up here) but no worse than when I had 18s on stock suspension. My tyre sizes are not staggered at all and I only have 215s on the rear so this may explain the tramlining. Over all i'm happy with the spacers which is good because I love the look of the D1rs with this kit :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

still no problems with the spacers, think i'm just gonna leave them on and buy wider D1Rs for the rears!! :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Been worth the wait!

That yellow isn't my cuppa, but it does look a fab job.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

jimGTS wrote:Been worth the wait!

That yellow isn't my cuppa, but it does look a fab job.

it only looks good in the sun, i'm not a massive fan of it when it not sunny if i'm honest, it's also impossible to get a picture of it properly too :( the pearl flip does not photograph!
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Your car is awesome but 100% think it needs a TRD wing...just looks like it's missing something on the boot as its so dramatic everywhere else.

Love the white wheels too.

Jesus, I have put on aeroblades recently because my last ones did a woeful job at clearing the screen at speed, I will be sneaking them in the bin when spring comes in, Im all insecure about them now :lol:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo

Return to “Member Profiles”