MR2 MK1 Aerodynamics

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SteveH

MR2 MK1 Aerodynamics

Post by SteveH »

Don't have a MK1 myself, but this came up in my video feed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quDLzxmJl5I

Haven't watched it myself yet, going to save it for tonight with a cuppa
michaeljapp

Re: MR2 MK1 Aerodynamics

Post by michaeljapp »

Really quite cool to watch. They go into quite a bit of detail.

It is a slight shame the floor isn't modelled but still makes for interesting viewing.
Zirax

Post by Zirax »

From reading the comments the chap seems approachable to run your own alterations to the model through his system.

It would be interesting to see what the papal mod actually does with a hole cut behind the rad bulkhead. I am building a 3d printer but I doubt I can get a detailed enough model to print.

He is going through some of the other tweaks in later vids.
kherseth

Post by kherseth »

Zirax wrote:
It would be interesting to see what the papal mod actually does with a hole cut behind the rad bulkhead. I am building a 3d printer but I doubt I can get a detailed enough model to print.

I wonder if the 123D applications could make a precise model. Have tried it for small objects and it looked good for those. Basically you grab a bunch of pictures from all relevant angles, send them to the main server and get a 3D model in return. Worth a try i would say,
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Zirax wrote:From reading the comments the chap seems approachable to run your own alterations to the model through his system.

He is going through some of the other tweaks in later vids.

The addition of the vented engine bay would be an interesting addition too, might smooth things out at the rear a little bit. :-k
Samc

Post by Samc »

This is great, so mesmerising to watch!

Found some more here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCf7rNh8 ... XLH8X6nzM3

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”