Japfest 2015 `Europe`s Biggest Japanese Car Show` 16/05/15

Experience non-stop high speed performance Japanese track action including spectacular drifting displays, a huge retail village and thousands of Europe’s best Japanese cars on display.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Japfest 2015 `Europe`s Biggest Japanese Car Show` 16/05/15

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

So I have a slight issue that my clutch has gone on the mr2 and don't have the cash to get it sorted out before the show.
The only other car I have now is a civic type r which would not be too welcome on a mr2 club stand... Advice?

Sell a kidney? :lol: :pale: Is there no way you can get the funds to sort the clutch? If I had a spare seat I`d say jump in with me but I`ve already told a mate they can come. There was a Supra planning to come but the idea didnt go down too well after all the effort making this a big MR2 stand, so I doubt the Honda Civic would either. Unless there is anyone on here maybe has a spare seat who wouldnt mind if you jump in with them?
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

I don't see the issue in not bringing the mr2 myself. If I can't get mine mapped in time, I'll be in the impreza.
Obviously i'd prefer to be in the mr2, but I know for a fact that I won't be missing Japfest just because it isn't ready.

Just park the Civic on the end :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Gordy75

Post by Gordy75 »

Hey guys, Im one of those annoying late comers wondering if theres still any way I could get some tickets?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Hey guys, Im one of those annoying late comers wondering if theres still any way I could get some tickets?

No not annoying mate don`t worry, I did ask the question as there could have been a few extra people attend. But it would have caused an admin fee/more hassle sorting with the Japfest organisers and the OC are dealing with our tickets this year and have closed the attendee list now. Just that bit late I`m afraid, line had to be drawn and tickets start to be sorted and sent out.

If anybody drops out there is a possibility they may want to sell a ticket but as far as I am aware everybody is attending who bought one.

You can still get a ticket on the day or online from Japfest but it will not be with the club stand unfortunately. http://www.japfest.co.uk/

Please do come over though and say hello and hopefully next year get your name down early. 8)
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Bloke on Fb from MR2OC that's handling our tickets has just posted to say they've been posted.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Club stand map released
We are all the opposite end of track than last year.
nedward

Post by nedward »

Firstly, a big thank you to all the people involved in planning this. I know it is not easy organising 50 people.

This is in no way aimed at them, but at the organisers of Japfest.

Once again we are on the outer edges of the site. It does make me wonder how "luck of the draw" the club stand locations are! :evil: :roll

Just my two pence but it always seem to be the same type of cars down at the paddock area.

You think they may have given the MR2'S one of those pitches on a 30th anniversary year.
markstevieandmads

nedward wrote:Firstly, a big thank you to all the people involved in planning this. I know it is not easy organising 50 people.

This is in no way aimed at them, but at the organisers of Japfest.

Once again we are on the outer edges of the site. It does make me wonder how "luck of the draw" the club stand locations are! :evil: :roll

Just my two pence but it always seem to be the same type of cars down at the paddock area.

You think they may have given the MR2'S one of those pitches on a 30th anniversary year.

If your not a Honda,Nissan,Scooby,or evo then the organisers are not interested.

Let's face it, when it comes to Japanese cars the mr2 is always overlooked.

The way I see it is we are just a rare commodity.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Lauren wrote:The trouble is you can't choose where the plot is, so moaning about it is unlikely to improve things. :+:

Lauren nailed it really.

As long as we go along and have a good time it doesn't really matter where we are imo.

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Once again we are on the outer edges of the site. It does make me wonder how "luck of the draw" the club stand locations are! [Evil or Very Mad] :roll

Yep, it is extremely frustrating. Last years plot was not the best and I did feel that people may think I hadn`t done enough to try and secure a good plot, but I can assure everyone we did, it was just bad luck. This year I thought with the OC and us together, it may force them to stick us somewhere better due to the number of vehicles we are bringing along.

I know Jay over on the OC has done exactly the same this year as I did last, ringing the organisers, emails, doing as much as is possible. Deffo a bit of bias to the scooby boys going on!

I wouldn`t worry too much about the plot though, 50 odd MR2 together, it will be a brilliant day especially if we get some sunshine. I don`t mind stretching my legs and having a good walk around after a couple of hours drive down anyway.
nedward

Post by nedward »

Hey Dan. I definitely don't think you and Jay could of done anymore. Please don't think my rant was aimed at any one other than the Japfest organisers.

As an enthusiast I would much rather see the unusual cars than row upon row of the same thing. Last year out in the wings you had uncommon cars like the NSX. Even super early skylines (kcpg110, I think that was the model number) were dumped round the edges.

That being said in A2 we have the Gt4oc and Gt86/corolla brotherhood so we'll be in good Toyota company :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

It's just not worth complaining about when there is nothing you can do. For the GT86 DC & Corolla Brotherhood, we have 68 cars. It's a lot. We're on A2 as well so doubtless we'll be next to each other I should think.

This was the same plot we had two years ago.

It's okay. Tbh it's better than being at Quarry in a way which is a very long walk to the paddock. But, yes, it could be closer.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Guys and gals....
I have been offered a position on the Adrian Flux stand, that comes with a ticket/pass etc....I need to understand the T's and C's but it would seem that my ticket bought for the joint club stand may well be up for grabs....

Sort of torn between a rock and a hard place....impressive club stand with lots of MR2's or the Flux Babes in the Paddock area.... 8-[
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Sort of torn between a rock and a hard place....impressive club stand with lots of MR2's or the Flux Babes in the Paddock area.... [Anxious]

I had the same thing last year, I got sent a ticket for the power and style stand. I had to go with that as I probably would never get the opportunity again, there is always next year to join the club stand but being picked out of all the cars attending is unlikely to come around again for a while if ever.

Plus, if you do have a spare ticket someone can benefit here and buy it off you? :thumleft: Then even more of us are going. :thumleft:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Exactly. :thumleft:

Will see what drops through the letter box and then sell on the ticket. :mrgreen:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Gordy75

Post by Gordy75 »

D4N_V_U wrote:

No not annoying mate don`t worry, I did ask the question as there could have been a few extra people attend. But it would have caused an admin fee/more hassle sorting with the Japfest organisers and the OC are dealing with our tickets this year and have closed the attendee list now. Just that bit late I`m afraid, line had to be drawn and tickets start to be sorted and sent out.

If anybody drops out there is a possibility they may want to sell a ticket but as far as I am aware everybody is attending who bought one.

You can still get a ticket on the day or online from Japfest but it will not be with the club stand unfortunately. http://www.japfest.co.uk/

Please do come over though and say hello and hopefully next year get your name down early. 8)

I understand mate, I am a bit late! I will definately pop round and have a good look round and a chat! :thumleft:
markstevieandmads

Mr2jay on mr2oc (the organiser) has started a thread for people who missed out. There is bound to be people dropping out so get your name on the list and you may end up with a club ticket.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Has anybody received a ticket yet? I just found a card through my door that says I have to collect an item with unpaid postage.. I have a CD on order too so it`s either that or my Japfest ticket.
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Not yet, Dan.

Return to “Japfest 2015”