Ohlins adjustable suspension

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dudeone

Ohlins adjustable suspension

Post by dudeone »

Hi,

I have as you can see from my sig a Rev3 GTS Tubby, when I got it from the importer he told me I am supposed to have Ohlin’s adjustable suspension all round, I do have a 4 point dial on each suspension top.

My question I guess is I have searched high and low and cannot really find much info on this suspension.

I am also a keen biker and have an Ohlin’s rear shocker so I am familiar with bike suspension but not so much on cars.

Anyone know much about Ohlin’s etc?

Cheers Dave
Jayng

Re: Ohlins adjustable suspension

Post by Jayng »

Hi dave,

When you get the chance, turn the steering full lock and have a butchers at the suspension to see whether it`s shock/spring type or coilover set-up.

as you have top adjustable dials, then they might be the coilovers as the other type has adjustable dials at the bottom of the shocks..

If you have the coilovers, they retail at 400,000yen new in JPN. That`s over 2000quid. As you`re a biker you probably know that they cost an arm anyway being Ohlins.

Apparently can be overhauled and then set-up to your preference.

Irrespective of which set up you have, the Ohlins are the dogs goolies.

I bought a white modded 94 tubby for an importer with the non-coilover Ohlins and it drove nice without being overly hard...Man if only I had the dosh to buy that car for myself!!

If you need any other info, I`ll see what I can find out for ya

BTW what bike do you ride???
dudeone

Ohlins

Post by dudeone »

Hi,

Thanx for the reply and all of the info, I ride a Fazer thou mate had her for 5 odd months and love her to bits, she also came with a Ohlins I must just be lucky I guess.

Dave
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

Dave

I have Ohlins on my car fella, with the adjustment at the top.

If you read the thread that Dino (MR2 Mania) has put on here

Click Me

He might be the one to help you out. It seems that trying to find info on these products is proving a nightmare

:)
dudeone

Ohlins

Post by dudeone »

Hi,

Thanx for that I must admit I was wondering about these, are your struts labeled or coloured as mine are white but I cannot see any Ohlins badges on them??

Dave
Hedgehog Dodger

Re: Ohlins

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

dudeone wrote:Hi,

Thanx for that I must admit I was wondering about these, are your struts labeled or coloured as mine are white but I cannot see any Ohlins badges on them??

Dave

I have the inserts on standard springs (I think) but mine are black with Ohlins in White and a Blue square around IIRC :wink:

I am not messing with them though, but to find some info would be nice :D
dudeone

Re: Ohlins

Post by dudeone »

I am not messing with them though, but to find some info would be nice :D

Yeh know what ya mean mate. :?
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

:lol: i knew this would come up one day! 2 years ago i discovered these on my car and i have done extensive research, there are only two guys in the uk qualified to rebuild these struts, fortunately one of the is now a good freind of mine, i dont like to be tight about these things but if you want something doing with them mail me. We are in the process and have been for nearly two years of developing a set up for retail in the uk, i hope that they will be available at some stage this year, as already menioned ohlins are outrageous quality and will not let you down, all the struts are fully rebuildable and its not expensive, cost me 20 qiud fitted to stop a small amount of knocking, the ride quality and handling is better than all the others i have tried due to the larger more stable build. for any further details just call. James 07881942241

Return to “Modifications”