blue rev 3 turbo for sale edinburgh

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

glen n

blue rev 3 turbo for sale edinburgh

Post by glen n »

There's a blue rev 3 turbo for sale in edinburgh, Leith £3995. Apparently In mint condition 80k genuine miles.

I nearly bought it as a breaker, the car was originally red,engine bay etc still red. Its had an engine and clock swap and the guy openly said the mileage is more like 125k. It has a non lsd box which crunches baldly. Boot has filled holes on the carbon from previous big spoiler. I thought it was an na to turbo conversion but had no proof. It sold for 1450 on eBay a few weeks back so may have been tidied up. Mileage certainly hasn't reduced though. Seems to be in a car sales place. Just be aware if going to view!
juliankv73

Re: blue rev 3 turbo for sale edinburgh

Post by juliankv73 »

Good shout mate, fair warning to imoc'ers :thumleft:
Draven

Post by Draven »

:thumleft: Thats really bad but good job on letting IMOC know.
glen n

Post by glen n »

Just wouldn't like anyone on here to go view the car without knowing some info on it. At 4k its far too expensive anyway. The original seller couldn't shift it at 2k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I'll add to this rather than start a new one, there's a black rev3 going around as well, it's my old NA. It had been accident damaged yet the seller fails to mention it. It also has a rev2 tubby engine and again no mention of it. It was scubaellis' from mr2oc old car. He bought the shell from me and put a rev2 tubby engine in it. Don't gete wrong the car is nice but last time i spoke to ellis he told me some woman drove into when it was parked, he was pretty certain it was a write off. Car has veilside skirts, border bumper and a custome rear bumper. Car is painted honda pirates black. Number plate is M762HPE. Failure to mention any of this is a total red flag. Had the seller been honest it'd maybe have been worth a look. The engine has a genuine 80k on it.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

glen n wrote:Just wouldn't like anyone on here to go view the car without knowing some info on it. At 4k its far too expensive anyway. The original seller couldn't shift it at 2k

It wasn't the blue one in perth was it? I seen that and it was a dog of a car!! Must have been, rev3 with non LSD box. Needed a fair bit of tidying up.

Glen, you should rename this thread to 'dodgy or suspect mr2s' and get it made sticky. A one stop shop for all the binners and cats Cs out there :)
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I'm sure that was the one that was in Perth!! Was nowhere near that price either!!
glen n

Post by glen n »

Thats the one, I was offered it for 1100 minus the wheels and never bothered as I couldn't even verify if 125k was the correct mileage.

Yeah sheppy it's the one from Perth,needed a load of tidying up, which is why I was going to break it.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

This deffo the same car then yeah?
glen n

Post by glen n »

Definitely the same car,I was up to see it. Guy took me out in the rain,glanced down and saw the Speedo at 120 with a corner approaching! Was glad to get out of the car alive!
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

Wow, and he thought that thrashing his car around like a lunatic is going to make you wanna buy it lol! :clap:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Crazy
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

I was looking at that car on ebay thinking it looked a nice example tbh...

The mileage could be 125Km's which makes it around 80k Miles??/

Eitherway the seller seems pretty confident its 'GENUINE' mileage.
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

I have to say it does look as if it has had a fair amount of money pumped into it,But I know someone who bought an MR2 and it looked like someone had really put a lot of time into it drove fine but 8 months on when he removed the front bumper for whatever reason he discovered that the cross member was bent and twisted!
glen n

Post by glen n »

The guy who had it in Perth told me he changed the clocks to ones with a lot lower Miles and he reckoned 120ish was a guess of the actual mileage. The new owner is stating the mileage on the clocks currently which is nowhere near the actions mileage. It does look good in the pictures but uo close it needs a fair bit of work.

I'm not saying the car is a wreck,just marking members aware of the mileage and also that the gearbox was crunchy,but could be driven in a way to stop it crouching so I much.

Gullzter was up with me aswell,he stayed and watched my car while I was taken on the crazy test drive
Draven

Post by Draven »

They are probably hoping someone will just pay 4k without really asking any questions.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah, the description the seller in Perth gave was much more honest than this one!!!
glen n

Post by glen n »

The guy in Perth seemed a decent bloke,told it how it was and even went out his way to show how the gearbox was crunching.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

glen n wrote:The guy in Perth seemed a decent bloke,told it how it was and even went out his way to show how the gearbox was crunching.

I actually recommended it to a friend, just due to the guys honesty!! Ach well, it'll maybe become a club car. Hopefully not for that price!!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”