[Mk2] [Turbo] ABS not working after engine swap

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rob6539

[Mk2] [Turbo] ABS not working after engine swap

Post by rob6539 »

Hi guys

I’ve placed a rev3 turbo engine into a rev3 NA body and have the ABS warning light on the dash and the ABS is definitely not working.

For the engine swap, I used the engine wiring loom and the body loom (that runs down the passenger door to the passenger foot well) from the turbo and retained the NA dash loom as frunk loom.

I thought that maybe the abs ecu was knackered, but when I went to replace it with the turbo one I kept, the connections were different so I couldn’t plug it in.

I’ve checked all sensors for continuity and they look good, however there is no continuity from the sensor wires to the car, so I’m guessing there is a problem caused from matching the two looms together.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank in advance.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ABS not working after engine swap

Post by Peter Gidden »

There was absolutely no need to chage the body loom, complete waste of time, and there lies your problem.

You need to repin the respective wires in the passenger footwell.
rob6539

Post by rob6539 »

Argh! The body loom strikes again!

Thanks Pete, I'll start crawling around in the foot well sometime this weekend
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

The sensor wires should match up. Check and see if you have power at the ABS ECU, as this does need to be repinned in the passenger footwell. You're looking for a black wire with a yellow stripe on the ECU-IG circuit.
rob6539

Post by rob6539 »

Rogue wrote:The sensor wires should match up. Check and see if you have power at the ABS ECU, as this does need to be repinned in the passenger footwell. You're looking for a black wire with a yellow stripe on the ECU-IG circuit.

Spot on as you'd advised, abs is now working and i'm very much relieved to have ticked that box off the job list.

Thank you very much, no way could I have solved that without you pin pointing the wire for me.

Cheers :thumleft:

Return to “Electrical”