[Mk2] [NA] reverse light help

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CRA161E

[Mk2] [NA] reverse light help

Post by CRA161E »

Hi, needing a bit help with getting access to the reverse lights on my mr2. On my second one which is a import so don't have an owners manual to help me out. Had a look on the forum and have seen a few post about the reverse light switch on the gearbox but I want to eliminate the bulbs first.

Any help or link to a previous thread would be much appreciated.

Marc[/img]
SpacePirate

Re: [Mk2] [NA] reverse light help

Post by SpacePirate »

Is this Rev1-2 or Rev3+?

Open the boot. Take off the little screws on the top of the:

Rev1+2: Center panel and lights
Rev3+: Just center panel

Rev3 lights you're done.

Rev1+2:
Use a tiny screwdriver with a bit of tissue wrapped around the end to avoid cracking to pry off the little orange triangles by the long straight side.
Unscrew the screws underneath these.
Lights should come off successfully!

Hope this helps,
Ash
CRA161E

Post by CRA161E »

Rev3.

Checked the bulbs both ok. So will have to try reverse light switch unless there is something I need to do before this?

Also as I type this I'm waiting on a mate coming to give me a jump outside my garage as is just went totally flat. The joys...... also have an issue with the power folding mirror bot wanting to fold in or even move using the switch. Any advice on this also would be most appreciated.

Marc
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Reverse light switches do fail. We replace 3 or 4 a year.
CRA161E

Post by CRA161E »

Hopefully this will cure the problem. Only had the car two nights and it has few electrical gremlins the battery just threw itself in tonight for good measure.

Secind MR2 and second one of bought from here. First one I couldn't fault car was brilliant, still to this day don't know why I sold it. This one however is testing me a little. But then I suppose this is the fun.

Current hit list is:

Check battery and alternator also the alternator fuse as someone has been in with the solder iron.

Check the wing mirrors as the won't power fold or move at all using switch.

Check reverse switch (probably just order one anyway if anyone can recommend where best to go get one)

Check the engine temperature sensor as it's currently always reading low after long drive. Fan kicks in but I have no idea at what temperature.

So a small list buy a pain I'm the ar$e. Few other things to look at but I'll maybe start a thread so I don't fill this up with my troubles.

Marc

Return to “Electrical”