Does anybody recognise this MR2?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tsia

Does anybody recognise this MR2?

Post by Tsia »

Suffice to say it has me 'inspired'.

I'm likely selling my Supra soon to return to the world of MR2s, although this time I've already got an entirely separate daily driver. I basically want the car in the picture (although it should be easy enough to modify a white Rev 3 turbo to be similar, although with a few personal tweaks), stripped out etc. etc.

I'm mostly interested in the choice of arch extensions, as they don't seem to match any I can find.

Furthermore, I thought I'd found the appropriate wing, but can no longer find it for sale (Driftworks had a very similar one) - so does anybody know of any blindingly similar wings that're still in production?

Cheers guys
Mullen

Re: Does anybody recognise this MR2?

Post by Mullen »

Donato

Post by Donato »

The car in the picture is from Japan. I've seen various pictures & videos of it on track. Does look nice.
If your after a GT wing similar, have a look on the Japspeed website.

:thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Donato wrote:The car in the picture is from Japan. I've seen various pictures & videos of it on track. Does look nice.
If your after a GT wing similar, have a look on the Japspeed website.

:thumleft:

The Japspeed one is ALMOST perfect, it's just the legs of it that put me off (odd, I know.)

Regarding Mad Motors, I tried ordering a Border bumper from them years ago, along with some other parts. Everything I ordered was out of stock and I gave up in the end :(
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

The wing on the picture is probably a nice Voltex one, the japspeed version is more than likely a xxxx chinese copy.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Race Idiot wrote:The wing on the picture is probably a nice Voltex one, the japspeed version is more than likely a xxxx chinese copy.

Honestly, I'm not that fussed. The wing will be entirely to satisfy my teenage urges for a 'ridiculous' looking car. (Although I still plan to strip it out and at least make it somewhat nippy ;))
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Tsia wrote:
Honestly, I'm not that fussed. The wing will be entirely to satisfy my teenage urges for a 'ridiculous' looking car. (Although I still plan to strip it out and at least make it somewhat nippy ;))

Well to be fair a BGW does suit a car like that imo, fucntional aero or not. :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Definitely. With the Supra likely to be going and with me getting a pretty decent 'sensible car' - I've no longer got to have a car that does both. The Supra was quiet, fairly classy looking for what it was and ticked both the boxes, but I just want something that's cheaper to repair and more reliable (which my MR2 always was, I've had terrible luck with Supras so far :( )

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”