'Champ White' Turbo Build

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: 'Champ White' Turbo Build

Post by ashley »

:lol: :lol:

An honest, if amusing answer...looks great with the badge anyhow :thumleft:
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Hi Dave,

Was at Pete's over the weekend, I have to say your car DOES look stunning.. 8)

Roll on Le Mans.
wilki

Post by wilki »

Looking forward to seeing some more pics, looks fab 8) :thumleft:
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Few updates to this build, its almost there, still has no interior (yet) but that can be whipped in in its entirety in an afternoon so that's not concerning me at all.

We are at the stage where the main bulk of the car is built and running, so now its a case of going around the car and boxing off sections.

So firstly, the wing mirrors have been fitted, I didn't like all the manufacturer markings all over them, and ultimately they just get filled up with crap and are a major pain in the ar$e to clean up so I had all those smoothed off:

The it was onto the front end, alll my parts arrived to fit the new bumper perfectly, clips, upper bumper bar, and all major screws and fixings and a brand new scuttle panel.

(I was shocked at how much work there is to fit a bumper properly considering before all this started I removed my border copy in about 5 minutes never having done it before - clearly wasn't fitted right or solidly)

Whilst Pete was doing that I made a start on the headlights, removing the HID kit and revering all wiring back to stock with night-breaker bulbs. and then fitting the lenses and top hats, leaving the side cowls off for the time being so the headlights can be easily accessed and adjusted when MOT time.

My new licence plates and plate holder had also arrived, so when the bumper was fitted, these were also fitted.

So in the space of an afternoon the car went from this:

To:

Last edited by l1ca on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Since bank holiday weekend the sidelights and indicators have been wired up and fitted:

So close now, im not getting too focused on a particular date but I think its safe to assume that within the next 2 or 3 weeks she'll be back! \:D/
Last edited by l1ca on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Mmmmmm =P~

Looking forward to seeing it finished :thumleft:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
craig

Post by craig »

Looking very smart fella! We'll have to get some good shots of our cars in the mountains, 100% black vs Honda championship white, will make for a very nice contrast! :D
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Had a skim of the pictures and they ooze badass-nes .. tuned in for this :thumleft:

Love this pic .. Image
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Beautiful. 8)

The front plate kills it IMO.
Nothing else can be said, it's stunning!
J-1

Post by J-1 »

Now on the looks for TOM's skirts... Honestly lovely looking car!
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

We'll have to get some good shots of our cars in the mountains, 100% black vs Honda championship white, will make for a very nice contrast!

Why wait until Lemans, im sure there's some lovely places up'th York way? :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

l1ca wrote:
We'll have to get some good shots of our cars in the mountains, 100% black vs Honda championship white, will make for a very nice contrast!

Why wait until Lemans, im sure there's some lovely places up'th York way? :thumleft:

Very true mate! :D
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Can I ask how much a new skuttle panel is?
synXero

Post by synXero »

Seal of approval still firmly in place!! Can't wait to see this car (and Craigs) at Le Mans. Two very highly specified MR2s with - I imagine - a lot of heart, soul, dreams and CASH poured into em. Bring it on! 8)
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

synXero wrote:Seal of approval still firmly in place!! Can't wait to see this car (and Craigs) at Le Mans. Two very highly specified MR2s with - I imagine - a lot of heart, soul, dreams and CASH poured into em. Bring it on! 8)

Bud, don't forget mine, I've spent a few pounds on her... Getting a service etc... :lol:
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Literally days now until 'the big reveal' so a few small updates:

Decided to drop the Lockwood dials in favour of a more OEM look, so sourced a later revision cluster with security LED.

(For sale - complete cluster with LEDS)

To:

With the combination of the darker Recaros, the earlier revision black headlining and now the later revision cluster the theme of the interior is really looking modern and consistent.

I want all the electronic additions to the car either hidden away, or put in a more discreet location, so Pete also relocated the boost controller into the clock position.

On the home stretch now, had a few power steering problems which has held the build up slightly, so it has been a nail biting few days considering the Le Man trip is 5 weeks away but as usual Pete worked his magic and got that bug squished!

Today is MOT time, car literally has zero mechanical issues, so flying through that'll be a breeze.

Also, the current steering wheel is absolutely horrid, its some cheap Ebay tat that came with the car, its too small, it feels cheap, the 'leather' feels plasticy and I wouldnt use it as a frisbee.

So, binned and bought a Sparco 383, the opposite in every way to the current one!

Although, the horn button says Sparco, and the wheel has an engraving saying the same I want to get away from the 'SPARCO SPARCO' look and I will be replacing the horn button sticker with:

Coming out something like:

Not much else really now, just looking forward to 'the big day!'
ashley

Post by ashley »

l1ca wrote:had a few power steering problems

Understatement of the year...the pain in Peter's voice as we've chatted this one through over the last week or so! You're lucky he had the patience to follow it through...result that it's fixed!

Car's coming together nicely, good luck with the MOT :thumleft:
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Understatement of the year

Fact. the amount of testing and diagnosing that poor bu88er has done over the last few days staggers me!
synXero

Post by synXero »

I very very nearly bought a sparco 383 for the corvette but went Momo in the end. I'd definitely like a look at yours in June. I was too bothered by it becoming grossly sweaty and dirty! Lovely wheel though.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

jimGTS wrote:Can I ask how much a new skuttle panel is?

Seconding this :thumleft:

I'm too lazy to try and restore mine :lol:

Car looks fantastic btw :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”