New MR2 Turbo Rev 3 owner

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Shaoxter

New MR2 Turbo Rev 3 owner

Post by Shaoxter »

Hi guys,

Long time lurker in the classifieds but I finally scratched the itch and bought the MR2 I was waiting for. Rev 3, yellow, Border bodykit, really nice BK alloys, Blitz Access ECU, huge exhausts, huge spoiler and interior in amazing condition for a 20 year old car. Pretty obnoxious looking thing and gets looks everywhere tee hee.

Took her for a weekend away in Suffolk and I was amazed at the storage space! Tent in the front, golf bats, sleeping bags in the back and still loads of room left behind the seats for clothes etc.

Others things I was impressed with:
- Being my first turbocharged car the power delivery is surprisingly linear, there's a kick at 3krpm but it continues to pull all the way to the redline.
- Felt very stable at well over 100 leptons, vmaxxed at 150 leptons before chickening out.
- Visibility is superb unlike my other saloon cars which are totally reliant on parking sensors or passenger getting out of the car.
- Insurance was unbelievably cheap considering my location and the fact that it's a modded car.

Bit droney on the motorway but that's kinda expected with the engine right behind your head. Overall, really happy with the ownership experience so far!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: New MR2 Turbo Rev 3 owner

Post by Ryan S »

welcome to the club, yellow is by far the best colour too!!!
JD

Re: New MR2 Turbo Rev 3 owner

Post by JD »

Shaoxter wrote:Took her for a weekend away in Suffolk... Felt very stable at well over 100 leptons, vmaxxed at 150 leptons before chickening out.

While I would not necessarily condone the deployment of so many leptons on public roads, I can tell you from experience that the Suffolk constabulary will pull you over for not doing enough leptons, should they deem your car capable of more :roll:

Return to “Member Profiles”