fidanza flywheel studs...help!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mk2mattw

fidanza flywheel studs...help!

Post by mk2mattw »

I have had a fidanza flywheel refaced and they had to extract the studs out to do so,now they have a big hole in the middle...can you get replacements for them or am I better off getting a machine shop to make some up?
MartinF

Re: fidanza flywheel studs...help!

Post by MartinF »

Why didn't you just buy the new friction face? That's one of the benefits of the Fidanza flywheel
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
mk2mattw

Post by mk2mattw »

MartinF wrote:Why didn't you just buy the new friction face? That's one of the benefits of the Fidanza flywheel

only cost me £20 for it to be surfaced...otherwise I definitely would have,stupidly assumedthe studs were the same in the standard flywheel but it definitely isnt!haha
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

mk2mattw wrote:
MartinF wrote:Why didn't you just buy the new friction face? That's one of the benefits of the Fidanza flywheel

only cost me £20 for it to be surfaced...otherwise I definitely would have,stupidly assumedthe studs were the same in the standard flywheel but it definitely isnt!haha

If you have the stock flywheel put that back on, far better for the engine than a light weight one.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”