[Mk2] [NA] Advice with pop ups please

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

TheDockter

[Mk2] [NA] Advice with pop ups please

Post by TheDockter »

Right so my passenger side headlamp stopped popping up about 5 weeks ago... I bought another motor from upullit and fitted that today... Still doesn't work??

The motor was off a 97 rev3 and looks clean with no rust...

Is there another problem i could have? Is there an easy fix to this i don't know about? Separate fuses for passenger and drivers RTR?

I just really am stomped, if its not just another bust motor??

Any help appreciated...

Thanks
craig

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Advice with pop ups please

Post by craig »

fuse? Retract control relay box?
mr2matt

Post by mr2matt »

Hi

I'm not sure why your car would be doing this but I can answer one of your questions, there is only one RTR fuse, it handles both sides. Have you checked the connections to the control box (blue I believe) mounted being the passenger side headlight? And have you got a voltmeter? If so try and check the power cables to the motor that isn't working are still providing power. Does it sound like the motor is trying to work? Usually they will whine if they are getting power but can't spin, due to being stuck.
shinny

Post by shinny »

Can you manually move the headlight? Inside the frunk there are two knobs - one behind each headlight. These manually rotate the headlight motors. If there is no physical issue you should be able to wind the motor up and down. I'm guessing you've already done this simply because you say you've replaced your headlight.

If there's nothing physical stopping the motors then I would turn my attention ot the blue retract control box by the frunk fuse box. There are two relays in there and it's not impossible one has developed a fault. In your situation, I would source a new one and try it one.

Return to “Electrical”