components?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kingdingwayne

components?

Post by kingdingwayne »

has anyone got any 'Pheonix Gold QX 165 Comps' or 'focal polyflex 130H comps' (6.5inch and 5.5inch)

if so - any good?

and when people say about focals bein good, which model do you use?
Neil_turbo

Re: components?

Post by Neil_turbo »

I have the pheonix gold type r octane components mounted in doors - pleased with them! more pleased with my alpine type r components though!
DaveyC

Post by DaveyC »

Hi, sorry to hijack, but what size components go in the doors and are there any other speakers on a rev3 turbo? Mine is bare so want to start building my system up. thanks
Joey

Post by Joey »

DaveyC wrote:Hi, sorry to hijack, but what size components go in the doors and are there any other speakers on a rev3 turbo? Mine is bare so want to start building my system up. thanks

You can get 6.5" in the front doors with a spacer, the rears are 4" and are behind the trim panel that covers the seat belt mechanism
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Get a descent set of front comps and completely ditch the rears.

I had Focal PolyKevlar K2 Powers in mine. Simply awesome!!
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

cantfindausername wrote:Get a descent set of front comps and completely ditch the rears.

I had Focal PolyKevlar K2 Powers in mine. Simply awesome!!

Disagree sorry! If you are going to put subs in the sound will be seperated, all vocals at front and bass behind you, i had it like this drove me mad!

front components would defo be your best start though imo!
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Whole point in getting descent components is so you dont need a sub.

Depends how far people are going to take it though. My Focals sounded great with no other speakers in the car. I also had people ask where the sub was when they heard them.

If you're going to run a sub, get some sh!t components that are going to produce zero bass.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

DaveyC wrote:Hi, sorry to hijack, but what size components go in the doors and are there any other speakers on a rev3 turbo? Mine is bare so want to start building my system up. thanks

This suggested to me the eventuality of subs, i may be wrong. It does depend on how far you want to take it!

xxxx components will produce xxxx sound, not just no bass surely.
( i know mine arent the best, but are by no means xxxx, but again, as you say, depends on how far you want to take it, and more to the point your budget!)

my point still stands though, do not ditch the rears if you are going to put subs in, just offering some friendly advice if you choose to go that way! Good luck!
DaveyC

Post by DaveyC »

where would i buy some spacers? what size front components will fit straight in?
also the dash has no cage to hold a headunit, where can i get one? does it need to be specific for my car (rev3) or will any fit?

cheers
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

I think i have 6" in my doors and they fit straight in, search for threads on car stereo installation, think they are in the knowledge base. Mr2s are different to most cars as in they dont have a cage, but two plates that screw into the side of the stereo, this method will still work with aftermarket ones!
Neil
DaveyC

Post by DaveyC »

Thanks Neil

Return to “ICE and Security”