Yet another will these rims fit thead - Sorted.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mullen

Yet another will these rims fit thead - Sorted.

Post by Mullen »

Sparco Python 2's from a Nissan Skyline R32.

Front: 16x7JJ offset 34
Rear: 16x8JJ offset 38

Multi-fit hole pattern claiming to be 4x114 & 5x114 but apparently they're actually 114.3

Centre bore: 55mm? [not from listing - from Oz thread linked in later post]

I'm thinking they will as Nissan GTST & GTR R32 wheels fit albeit needing spigot rings but wondered if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks.
Last edited by Mullen on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nic

Re: Yet another will these rims fit thead - Sorted.

Post by Nic »

I'm assuming the 55mm is the center hole in the wheels and not the actual recess for the spigot? The MR2 spigot is 60.1mm which is why I ask, the R32 is 66.1mm so if they are off an R32 the diameter must be bigger than 55mm.

The MR2 PCD is 5x114.3 so they should fit, the widths and offsets should also be okay according to here: http://mr2.gordaen.com/wt_calc.php
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Nic wrote:I'm assuming the 55mm is the center hole in the wheels and not the actual recess for the spigot? The MR2 spigot is 60.1mm which is why I ask, the R32 is 66.1mm so if they are off an R32 the diameter must be bigger than 55mm.

The 55mm isn't actually quoted in the ad. I got it from a thread on an Aussie forum that appears to show the same wheels - www.performanceforums.com/forums/showth ... -II-wheels & they're talking about the centre hole which I assumed to mean bore, but as you pointed out that can't be right. The offset on the front wheels in that thread is out slightly too, those are 35 and the seller has confirmed the ones I'm looking at are 34. So they're similar but not the same. It's entirely possible the Oz thread wheels aren't R32's as I just searched for Sparco Python 2's and that was one of the few results with working pics.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Size / width / offset is fine.

Assuming they are 66.1mm centre bore, you'll need some of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-60-1-66-1-S ... 20cd35330f

That's the first link on eBay, there's probably cheaper / better ones available.
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Thanks Gazza. Got those bookmarked.
Will need tapered nuts too but have to wait until the wheels get here to check the clearance height on the caps.
oVerboost

Post by oVerboost »

If the centre bore is 55mm then they wont fit, you may need some hub adapters as the mr2 is 60.1mm centre bore.

You can go larger and use spiggot rings to make them snug, but not the other way around without the use of an adapter/spacer that converts the centre bore down to 55mm.

If they are 60.1 then you'll be fine as others have already said. 8)
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

oVerboost wrote:If the centre bore is 55mm then they wont fit, you may need some hub adapters as the mr2 is 60.1mm centre bore.

You can go larger and use spiggot rings to make them snug, but not the other way around without the use of an adapter/spacer that converts the centre bore down to 55mm.

If they are 60.1 then you'll be fine as others have already said. 8)

Yeah, pretty sure the 50mm refers to the Oz thread wheels rather than these.
I've just left it in the first post to prevent confusion when people are discussing it further down.
I should propbably put a note though.

Welcome to Imoc, btw :)
oVerboost

Post by oVerboost »

[/quote]Welcome to Imoc, btw :)[/quote]

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”