MK2 Rev5 New Owner

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2Simon

MK2 Rev5 New Owner

Post by MR2Simon »

Just bought Matt's Rev5. Looks fab in black with cream seats!

I would post pics but

A. Can't post links yet.
B. You probably already know more about it that me!

Got her home safe and well. Looking forward to having a happy relationship with the old girl.

Thanks Matt. Good luck with the wedding planning!

Simon
shinny

Re: MK2 Rev5 New Owner

Post by shinny »

Welcome :thumleft:

I presume you're talking about this car: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=180049

Looks tidy to me! I loved my old rev5 NAs and I'm sure you'll enjoy your ownership too :clap:
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

HI there fella it does look nice

Shinnys Rev5 is still going strong under my sons (wilki) ownership, with regular tinkering from dad ha ha

Regards Brian
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
MR2Simon

Post by MR2Simon »

Yup, that's the one \:D/

Need to get my polishing cloths out, but it's already nice and shiny!

Only thing I fancy is a carbon wing, but I'd like to keep the standard uprights.

For now I'll just drive it!

I love the wheels.

Total mid life crisis, I'm 38 and have an induction kit, sports exhaust and face off radio. Got to remember to turn the lights and wipers on, not forget to apply the handbrake when parking, and keep to the speed limits without assistance...!!

Got too used to auto everything on my lease car DS4 over the past 18 months!
shinny

Post by shinny »

MR2Simon wrote:Only thing I fancy is a carbon wing, but I'd like to keep the standard uprights.

You can get carbon blades and end caps for the rev5 spoiler if you want. Personally that's not quite my taste, but it's your car so knock yourself out :thumleft:

Just please don't get one of those GT wings on scaffolding :wink:
MR2Simon

Post by MR2Simon »

No worries about that....

Definitely not my thing, think they look awful!

Carbon blade on a black car is quite discrete though.

Loving the wheels, think they look just right, want to polish all the bits you can't see now though which is super geeky, not done that since I was in my early 20's and that's a very long time ago!

Just want this to be a reliable occasional daily/weekend run around as I've got a van for work and an Essex Blue Lotus Turbo Esprit in the garage for super special occasions, although it's currently off the road, when I say currently, about 4 years currently! :)
MR2Simon

Post by MR2Simon »

Day 1 over and done with.

Bristol to Cardiff, then to work, then back home to bed. It's surprised me, quite how I manage to fit in there and be comfy.

Biggest surprise so far? The front trunk lid is stupendously heavy. Not felt anything quite like it before on any car I've ever owned! How come it's so heavy?

Thunder and heavy rain on the journey home over the Severn bridge. I stayed nice and dry but the passenger side roof needs a bit of a closer look at as it was dribbling quite a lot at full motorway speed.

Looking forward to tinkering with her! :D
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC. Car looks smart. :thumleft:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

MR2Simon wrote:

Biggest surprise so far? The front trunk lid is stupendously heavy. Not felt anything quite like it before on any car I've ever owned! How come it's so heavy?

Ah, so this will be your first Toyota then?
MR2Simon

Post by MR2Simon »

Actually, come to think of it I had an ST202 Celica GT a few years ago, maybe 3 or 4 years...

Don't recall the bonnet weight and as much as I'd desired one for a good while, I was surprised at how small it was. I couldn't sit up in it, my head was always bent to the side. I didn't have it long, was mostly the Ex' run around.

Been out in it all day today in the sun, t-tops off, windows down, me b1tch in the passenger seat, life was good!

Already got someone who wants to buy it off me and I've only had it 2 days! :D
TheLepresean

Post by TheLepresean »

That may well be my favourite part of owning an MR2, the number of people that stop to tell me how good it looks and whether they can buy it off me! Can't say I've ever found the frunk lid to be exceptionally heavy though?
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Hi there and welcome, that's a nice looking rev5 fella :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”