Five years on... then and now

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shinny

Five years on... then and now

Post by shinny »

In a couple of weeks I'll have owned my tubby for 5 years! Previously a guy called Dan Fegent owned it; he's a photographer, so when he sold the car he had some awesome photos. As it happens, last year I moved to Berkshire, not too far from where I bought the vehicle from Dan. So I thought I'd do a little research and after a few minutes I managed to find the location Dan used for his photoshoot... so I though I'd try to recreate some of the photos that sold the car to me 5 years ago and let you all play spot the difference! :thumleft:

...and the first thing you'll notice is they're repainted all the buildings! :lol:

Of course, sometimes there's something in the way of your photo and there's nothing you can do about it #-o

I've lifted half these photo's from Dan's Facebook page, and don't claim copyright on any of Dan's watermarked shots: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 600&type=3
Last edited by shinny on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
GeorgeL

Re: Five years on... then and now

Post by GeorgeL »

First off... Absolutely gorgeous car. Genuinely one of my personal favourites on here.

Secondly you have really enhanced the look of it in the time you have owned it.

The best bit though is that your photographs are actually better than the original sale ones :thumleft:

Also the building being painted compliments the car much better (blue railings)
shinny

Post by shinny »

GeorgeL wrote:First off... Absolutely gorgeous car. Genuinely one of my personal favourites on here.

Secondly you have really enhanced the look of it in the time you have owned it.

The best bit though is that your photographs are actually better than the original sale ones :thumleft:

Also the building being painted compliments the car much better (blue railings)

Thank you George, very kind comments! I'd like to think the car has been well looked after, even if it's got another 5 years of dings and scratches on (the front lip needs some attention soon, for example).

With the photos, I tried to tweak them to at least vaguely go along with the processing Dan put on his - I wouldn't want to say mine are better than his, shot for shot, though. I did, however, continue to do my own photoshoot, after completing the re-shoot of his photos. I'm very happy with some of the shots that came out of that:

Draven

Post by Draven »

This is what I want mine to look like. :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”