Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alan_uk

Re: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Post by alan_uk »

haha no bother mate if they were red i was gonna ask if i could buy them :thumleft:
Nails

Re: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Post by Nails »

No probs. More than likely I'll add them to the ever growing pile of stuff I must sell. Next week. Maybes. Next month I'll list them......etc etc lol
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

got any rear strut braces? :D
Nails

Post by Nails »

No mate I haven't.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Fitted new seats. Never really liked the others even though they've had what appears to be a very good and recent retrim as i much prefer the standard interior. Will have to list them on here or pm if interested in them.

Got my 2 year old son to help clean these up with baby wipes and feeder. Baby wipes are awsome for cleaning leather and alcantra.

ads

Post by ads »

Have to say these Toms kitted cars look fantastic :thumleft: obviously not the full kit here, does hang together very well - great job on this one
Nails

Post by Nails »

Cheers. I didn't go for the toms front for a few reasons. Mainly the fit and finish of them even the original ones aren't the best due to their fibreglass nature but also because I really like the aeroware splitter.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Looks really good mate, you coming along to the metrocentre next week?
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Nails

Post by Nails »

I might have a look over depending on the weather etc. Quite put off by the traffic on the A1 tbh. Car needs alternator rebuilt but I can't find a refurb kit and got a few other things I want to fit aswell. May be on the road in may but probs june lol.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Damn double posting lol.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Outrun bought an ARC from Rob but a change of plans for him and I've bought it for mine. Fitted it and my mines strut brace today, still got bits off as been giving them a clean/lick of paint. Engine bay needs to get a decent clean up soonish.

I Need a rev 3 heatshield too. Any one have one cheap? I needed to modify mine after fitting the decat many moons ago and its been mislaid in my dads garage so that means its gone forever. Or until its replaced of course it'll turn up the next day.
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

Great work. Can't beat a toms kitted 2!
Nails

Post by Nails »

Building up stuff for its summer awakening. Got the alt lights if death last year so thats on the list and want to replace the flexis so some goodridge ones there. Adapters to fit sensors for gauges. Brake fluid and will do the clutch fluid also. Waiting on a few more parts.

Nails

Post by Nails »

A few more jobs done. Cracked coil changed. Outrun then came over and helped with the next stuff. Crappy weather today but didn't spoil anything.

Goodridge lines fitted and bled replacing with toyota 5.1. Pedal feel does actually feel better too. Could do with a brake stopper imo still on these after seeing the flex. Glad I thought ahead and have been using release oil for the last week on the flexi to hard line fixings and everything came off fine. Brake calipers need a touch up where the red is showing through.

new alternator fitted too. Nice and shiny.

Nails

Post by Nails »

Damn double posting.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Oil and filter change tonight and installed the oil temp and pressure sensors in the standard port holes. Damn they were tight as held in with lock tight. Ran it and nipped up slightly to reduce a slight oil weep.

Didn't use any pft tape just allowed the tapered threads to do their job.

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Nails wrote:

Similar stilling to me .. looks bad a$$ :thumleft:
Nails

Post by Nails »

doesnt look like that anymore mate it looks like this now.

Just a couple of little jobs tonight. Replaced exhaust gasket which fell apart when centre section was off for alternator change.

Quick plug change. I dont think the others have done a 1000 miles. Probs a waste of money. Its not like theyre expensive though.

Nails

Post by Nails »

New stainless cancer bars came while I've been away.

Also picked up this today. Got a driver seat retrimmed to match the vgc passengerside seat I've got.

Hoping for a dry weekend coming to get the rest of the little jobs done.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Spent a bit of the bank holiday on the car. Outrun came over on Saturday and we stripped out the interior and ran all the new wires needed and did a general tidy up of the existing wiring that has been added over the years.
Then on sunday and today I've greased up the window motors and central locking etc hovered wiped soldered crimped and done the below. Hoping I'll get the last few jobs done this week and will tax it start of june.

Seats back in. Retrimmed drivers seat and a very clean passenger seat.

Temperature sensor fitted to keep an eye on intake temps after the charge cooler.

Fitted my 'defi' gauges and greddy profec b spec 2 but no pics of that as I haven't decided where its going to live yet. oil pressure oil temp and boost.

Fitted the alcantra inserts in my door cards.

An old but decent MTX 10" sub in the usual custom box from mr2 ben

Have a few bits of audio lying around from a long time ago. Rainbow tweeters in stock location. Fit nice.

got a set of focal utopia mids and rainbow cross over to fit tomorrow. Still need a decent amp to power them. The focals are quite power hungry.

Return to “Member Profiles”