[Mk2] [NA] tien s tec springs; reveiw

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

largie009

[Mk2] [NA] tien s tec springs; reveiw

Post by largie009 »

Just thought i would make a quick topic about the s tec springs.
had some of these fitted a couple of weeks ago despite seeing alot of people mentioning they were too "harsh" and give a "terrible ride" and i have to say, IM impressed, i was always against springs because its not really ideal for the dampers and usually gives a bouncy ride. However, i was fed up of having the highest mr2 in the south west hahaha, i couldn't afford coilovers so just said "screw it". I dont find the ride harsh at all, infact on a relatively smoth road i cant tell the difference, obviously stiffer over bumps but otherwise a brilliant ride, really improves handling in the corner's! It also makes it look 10x better being a 40mm drop rather than 30mm. Oh, and ive only scraped once!:P

just wondering if other people had the same experience with them or not!?

discuss 8)
dan mkii

Re: [Mk2] [NA] tien s tec springs; reveiw

Post by dan mkii »

Thats good to hear mate. As long as your happy with them thats all what matters.
I think there the only springs that really make an mr2 lower. :thumleft:
glen n

Post by glen n »

I'm running yellow billies,trd top mounts,tein springs at the moment. The car does sit nicely but I'd say lower than 40mm as my rear tyres are very close to the rear arch. Generally the springs are ok and not too harsh but performance wise I don't rate them for road use. I'm sure on track days these are great but for fast road on anything but perfect surfaces they arent great. I was on the highland drive for 4 days of very spirited driving through all manner of raids and the car felt far to bouncey and not planted at all. So much so I'm going to save for some bc coilovers. I think the stiffness of the springs on uneven roads causes the car to be a little unstable at the back. If you don't drive the car to its limits then this may not be an issue though. I was being followed by tonylefrog who also commented on the way the car was looking through corners.

That's just my own experience though,I'm sure others have had great experiences with them. And the car does sit nicely

Tedtiler

Post by Tedtiler »

Used them on track with black billies, pretty good with not much roll. Actually thought they were softish. Put them on the road car and o my god. Even slightly low manholes had me slowing down to a crawl. Loved the low stance but tiresome if you have roads like belfasts.

Return to “Modifications”