Slidey Slidey video - gotta love the snow

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

poyntesm

Re: Slidey Slidey video - gotta love the snow

Post by poyntesm »

Kieron wrote:
michael wrote:Dat is wewl wikkid man, yooz car duz go in circles :roll:

Post something like this and I'll be impressed:

http://www.maximum-attack.net/download.asp?dl=110 (~27mb)

LOL, wondered when you'd turn up :D

Yeah, wondered the same myself. But you can trust if there is ever a topic getting a bit to hot he will pop on in!!!
Brian H

Post by Brian H »

I think it's all Mr C's fault..he's been here from the start and caused it by telepathy.. :lol:
michael

Post by michael »

Kieron wrote:
LOL, wondered when you'd turn up :D

The funny thing is that I viewed it when nobody had replied, rolled the old eyes and went back to work. Then I came back and you'd played the role of helper monkey and typed up all the common sense old fart stuff that normally comes to mind, it was like having an assistant :)

But then I remembered the cool Porsche video so couldn't resist posting it.

I can't help being sensible!
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

Kieron wrote:
Rikki wrote:
Kieron wrote:Bad week & normality...?

That's how things are here on Imoc. We have a laugh with each other and have been doing since the days of Yahoo groups back in'99.

Being a newb I guess you didn't realise that.

Oh well, welcome to the club, try not to slag off the members who have been around for years and you'll get along fine....

Oh, and shouldn't this post be in "Driving Experiences - Tales of driving experiences you have had"? Numbnut! :lol:

FYI I've been using IMOC for over a year to find information on 2's before I bought one. Judging by your own "joining date" you only got here a few weeks before me.

R.

That's because the forum in this incarnation has only been open since mid December - hence all members had to rejoin. As I was away on honeymoon on the exact start date I joined the day I returned.

Anyways......

I had figured that one out. I am all for the new system as the original one was a bit antiquated.

I didnt start this thread to turn it into an assault. I only wanted to share a video I made with other MR2 enthusiasts. I've posted it lots of other sites too where other users have done the same. Fraz (the lad with the Evo) posted it on the MLR (Mits Lancer Register) and there wasnt any negativity there so I thought it would be alright to do the same here. It was the first bit of snow I've been able to take the 2 on and had a good laugh in relative safety.

R.
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

Mr Canny!

Haha,

Happy to assist you, now go format your harddrive of all them dangerous driving video's :lol:

By the way, where were you on the North V's South thread - you were called for...

Slacker ;)
Last edited by Kieron on Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

michael wrote:
But then I remembered the cool Porsche video so couldn't resist posting it.

Your must have the biggest bookmark folder in history. For any topic you can post a pic or a vid!!
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

Rikki wrote:
Kieron wrote:
Rikki wrote:

FYI I've been using IMOC for over a year to find information on 2's before I bought one. Judging by your own "joining date" you only got here a few weeks before me.

R.

That's because the forum in this incarnation has only been open since mid December - hence all members had to rejoin. As I was away on honeymoon on the exact start date I joined the day I returned.

Anyways......

I had figured that one out. I am all for the new system as the original one was a bit antiquated.

I didnt start this thread to turn it into an assault. I only wanted to share a video I made with other MR2 enthusiasts. I've posted it lots of other sites too where other users have done the same. Fraz (the lad with the Evo) posted it on the MLR (Mits Lancer Register) and there wasnt any negativity there so I thought it would be alright to do the same here. It was the first bit of snow I've been able to take the 2 on and had a good laugh in relative safety.

R.

Rikki, I wasn't being negative with you, I was having a laugh as I'm at home watching over a crazy toddler who loves Balamory (set in Scotland, based on a real town I believe).

Then I was laughing at your video whilst she's watching CBeebies in the background, I thought the video was funny and exactly the sort of thing that I used to get up to.

So I posted a gag about Balamory and you call me a troll and take the attitude with me....

Now give us a kiss you Scots pansy ;)
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

Kieron wrote:
Rikki, I wasn't being negative with you, I was having a laugh as I'm at home watching over a crazy toddler who loves Balamory (set in Scotland, based on a real town I believe).

Then I was laughing at your video whilst she's watching CBeebies in the background, I thought the video was funny and exactly the sort of thing that I used to get up to.

So I posted a gag about Balamory and you call me a troll and take the attitude with me....

Now give us a kiss you Scots pansy ;)

x X x :P

I thought your Balamory post was saying that my antics were equivelant to that found in a kids TV program. Ah the wonderful interweb and its mixed meanings.

If you want to see snow driving in the extreme check this DVD out : http://www.dukevideo.com/products/BP001D.htm

I got it a few years ago and it opened my eyes up a bit.

R.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

And they all lived happily ever after :) :o :D :lol:
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

I'm trying to get over Michael Canny's Porsche video going round the Nurbourgring (spelling) at high speed in the snow!

I wish they would show some cars doughnutting in Balamory, make it slightly more interesting (especially when you are forced to watch the very same episode again at 2pm that was on this morning or face the wrath of a screaming 2 year old for touching "her" television.....

:)
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Jeez Rikki, that was a good demonstration of over reacting! Someone was poking fun at you - if your ego was bruised by that then you really need to stop posting on forums and make more videos instead, you're less likely to have your feelings hurt that way.
It happens all the time, you can tell when someone's being 'nasty' - Kierons post was *clearly* light hearted.
If that's the way you interact with people then you'll find this board hard going. :shock:

Edit: I see all's well now (note to self, I really should read full topic before replying) - the above still applies to every member of IMOC though ;)
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Kieron wrote: edited .....

Now give us a kiss you Scots pansy ;).....

Balamory is actually on The Isle of Mull and its a really nice place. been there in the harbour having a cold beer watching the world go past. Scotland is just such a wonderful place when it stops raining :D:D

What you reckon Rikki? Rather live here than clogged roads down south?

We've had a few meets organised through mr2oc over in edinburgh, badboyturbo (BBT) usually posts info about them, see the thread in events on here as they are now being cross posted
Last edited by raptor95GTS on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
billy

Post by billy »

Hey Rikki,
Thanks for posting the vid. I know it doesn't take a massive amount of skill to spin a MR2 in the snow, but I enjoyed it all the same. You don't get that many MR2 vids from members, so cheers. If it's got an MR2 in it, then it's ok by me.

Interesting thread, tho'.

Billy.
member since early '03.
MR2 fanatic.
Jon S

Post by Jon S »

I thought it was quite an ok video.
(Someone enjoying an MR2 and no one getting hurt)

It's a shame the thread went a bit 'boobs up' cos of a misunderstanding.

Oh well, never mind - water under the bridge I hope. :)

Looked like fun :lol:
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

allan welsh wrote:
Kieron wrote: edited .....

Now give us a kiss you Scots pansy ;).....

Balamory is actually on The Isle of Mull and its a really nice place. been there in the harbour having a cold beer watching the world go past. Scotland is just such a wonderful place when it stops raining :D:D

What you reckon Rikki? Rather live here than clogged roads down south?

We've had a few meets organised through mr2oc over in edinburgh, badboyturbo (BBT) usually posts info about them, see the thread in events on here as they are now being cross posted

Must admit the roads from Dumfries down the way seem to be really good compared to our patchwork quilts but I dont think I'd move daan saaaf even tho the bird moved up from Lincolnshire to Scotland :)

R

PS: Missed a good laugh today at the Glasgow TOC meet loads of MR2s Supra's etc then into the city centre for a bit.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Going back on topic for a minute ( :) )...I thought the video was a bit of a laugh, and and as Jon S said, no one got hurt.

We don't see many MR2 videos on here, so it's always nice to see something new.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by Flash »

looks like fun, i was having fun on the single track roads near me this morning, nothing to hit but a muddy field :D
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

Another vid from this weekend at a Toyota Owners Club meet.

http://www.strathycruise.com/pics/toc050123.avi

R.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rikki wrote:Another vid from this weekend at a Toyota Owners Club meet.

http://www.strathycruise.com/pics/toc050123.avi

R.

hmmm, probably a good idea to think about doing a trackday.

Does your car have a dump valve? ;)
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Rikki wrote:

Must admit the roads from Dumfries down the way seem to be really good compared to our patchwork quilts but I dont think I'd move daan saaaf even tho the bird moved up from Lincolnshire to Scotland :)

R

PS: Missed a good laugh today at the Glasgow TOC meet loads of MR2s Supra's etc then into the city centre for a bit.

yeah sorry was a bit hungover / still drunk from sat eve. Loads of good roads up here but we won't tell the southerns in case they come up and crash all over them :wink:

Return to “Driving Experiences”