NA Auto to Manual Turbo Conversion..?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rev5GT

NA Auto to Manual Turbo Conversion..?

Post by Rev5GT »

as per title, I have owned converted na/turbo vehicles in the past however as I have a complete turbo car ready for a conversion I am looking for a rev4 /5 Na and one has come available but its an Auto.

So my question is is it A LOT more work to convert an Auto NA to a Manual Turbo than a manual na to turbo (obviously I am aware of adding a clutch / slave cylinder / dials etc..) but I am thinking more on the electrics side of things rather than mechanical considering a complete car will be used not just an engine / box on a pallet..

Anyone ever done an NA Auto to Turbo Manual conversion?

Cheers
craig

Re: NA Auto to Manual Turbo Conversion..?

Post by craig »

Rev5GT wrote:as per title, I have owned converted na/turbo vehicles in the past however as I have a complete turbo car ready for a conversion I am looking for a rev4 /5 Na and one has come available but its an Auto.

So my question is is it A LOT more work to convert an Auto NA to a Manual Turbo than a manual na to turbo (obviously I am aware of adding a clutch / slave cylinder / dials etc..) but I am thinking more on the electrics side of things rather than mechanical considering a complete car will be used not just an engine / box on a pallet..

Cheers

Peter Gidden has. Converted rev1 auto G-LTD to manual rev2 turbo.
ian`s 2

Post by ian`s 2 »

RedMR² wrote:
Rev5GT wrote:as per title, I have owned converted na/turbo vehicles in the past however as I have a complete turbo car ready for a conversion I am looking for a rev4 /5 Na and one has come available but its an Auto.

Cheers

Peter Gidden has. Converted rev1 auto G-LTD to manual rev2 turbo.

That would be my car Craig :thumleft:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Correct. I have done one, Ian;s car.

There is a lot more wiring involved, which i now have in a spreadsheet so can repeat.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Watching this with interest as due to my leg problems I might need to convert my na to an auto and wonder how hard a job this would be :?
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”