Cardhore - James

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thomp1983

Cardhore - James

Post by thomp1983 »

collected my advan sa3r's from james today, i bought these wheels from glen n in december in poor condition

this is them today,

considering the state they were in im amazed by the result, there not 100% perfect but james advised me they wouldn't be before doing the work due to the amount of corrosion they had but as the car there going on isn't a minter either they'll fit in nicely. he also dealt with me changing my mind about the color lastminute and had his powdercoater order me in a specific color :thumleft: james also shot blasted and repaired a cheap set of wheels i had but being the honest guy he is advised id be better painting and polishing them myself as having him do the work would exceed the value of the wheels so he even turned down work on the grounds of providing value over personal gain.

overall i wouldn't hesitate to recommend james just wish dartford was a bit closer

chris
CardHore

Re: Cardhore - James

Post by CardHore »

Thanks man...

Kinda gutting I couldn't do more with them mate... Theres only so much that can be done on a budget. A complete face grind down, edge welding and reprofiling would ensure a super smooth finish but as you say the car isn't a show car and for the simple look you went for it would hardly be worth the extra money...

But look what ya coulda had ;)

This is a set i'm currently selling and the potential of how I can make SA3Rs look
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

as I said when you first showed me yours james I think the polished lip would look out of place with the blue of my car and I really couldn't be doing with the maintenance keeping them that shiny. But I can't wait to get the car reassembled and them fitted, think they'll set my carbon border bonnet off too
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

I can vouch.. his work is incredible.. very knowledgeable! and a credit to the forum

Return to “Trader Feedback”