A secondary big up for jinxy

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tomsky

A secondary big up for jinxy

Post by tomsky »

As it seems timely on his return to the forum I just wanted to post some comments about some work that Tony recently carried out for me with on my car. I know hes well known here and for some years ive been meaning to get in touch with him. Recently I decided to put his experience to the test to try and fix some ongoing roof leaks and previous work done by some cowboys.

Firstly for the benefit of other members who don't know him can I say what a lovely bloke Tony is, unlike most people hes not concerned by time or motivated by money. He was happy to share his vast wealth of experience with me and is totally dedicated to keeping the marque alive. He fitted some new tbar seals from tworus for me along with removing all the old existing clips and screws underneath the seals and replacing all with new and applying sealant around them all so no further water could get in.

Overall a pretty big job to do properly. This has made a big improvement and the car is much drier with virtually no condensation. He also fitted a Paul woods choke kit which is working great. The cost for all was very modest considering the time involved.

After some bad experiences I was really pleased to leave the car with Tony knowing it was with somebody that really knows his stuff. I will be going back to him soon with another list of things that were never done right. I cant recommend him enough to other members who need some help with stuff or may also need parts through his site. He kept in touch with me throughout which is unheard of by garages.

A truly top man

All the best
Tom
Tony jinxy froude

Re: A secondary big up for jinxy

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hi Tom, firstly let me apologise for not seeing this earlier, having just had a bereavement in the family my time has been take up in other places.
May I add it was a pleasure to do the work on your fine MK1, the ethics to which you praise me for are ones that I work by for everyone, I always remember that people have a choice who they take their pride & joy to & who they spend their hard earned with, im very happy that the work was carried out to your satisfaction & I look forward to working on your car again anytime & dealing with you, take care mate & thank you very much again, regards, Jinxy

Return to “Trader Feedback”