Castle Combe Open Pitlane Trackday - 28th April

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

slipping clutch

Re: Castle Combe Open Pitlane Trackday - 28th April

Post by slipping clutch »

They are pretty strict with the noise rule at combe - however I have had some pretty big differences in my db readings there - I guess only a small difference to the way the readings are taken makes a big difference to the result. They are always happy to do a db test for you before the day if you want to make sure you won't be disappointed on the day.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Race Idiot wrote:I did a test with the spl meter app on my iphone, 5000rpm was about 94 db. Although that was inside a building, so it may be a bit quieter out in the open.

Its not a very loud exhaust, probably the quietest ive owned and my previous ones werent that loud. No nurspecs or japspeeds for me!

You'll be fine then
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Fwd: Receipt for Your Payment to Javelin Trackdays Ltd

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Booked 8)
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Ben

Post by Ben »

1) Pete - Booked
2) Ben - Booked
3) Gav
4) JD
5) Race Idiot
6) Shmed
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

I've noticed it's on a Monday, which is a pain. I need to find someone to take my kids to nursery ](*,) ](*,)
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Ben

Post by Ben »

Yeah, sorry bud. Weekend trackdays are starting to get a bit expensive :(

Previous:
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Yeah, weekend days don't really work for me iether, mianly due to family commitments though. Thursday's are normally the best days for me.

Anyway, I'm sure I can sort it out :-k
January 2014

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
largie009

Post by largie009 »

would love to come join, i live in chippenham(about 4 miles away) so it would be rude not to! but it is on a work day so i will see what i can do! :lol:
would be nice to see a few 2's round here though, dont see many! either way, a few beers at the pub would be a good idea on monday night! :mrgreen:
largie009

Post by largie009 »

....also, noise tests at combe are rubbish. i have a mongoose box and decat and was 100db exactly! i even told the marshal that was bull!!
JD

Post by JD »

I might not be able to book this until the week before if at all but I'm guessing the weekday ones are less likely to fill up.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

largie009 wrote:....also, noise tests at combe are rubbish. i have a mongoose box and decat and was 100db exactly! i even told the marshal that was bull!!

Arent na's with aftermarket exhausts usualy louder than the turbo equivalent anyway. Mainly due to the turbo acting as a muffler.
largie009

Post by largie009 »

Race Idiot wrote:
largie009 wrote:....also, noise tests at combe are rubbish. i have a mongoose box and decat and was 100db exactly! i even told the marshal that was bull!!

Arent na's with aftermarket exhausts usualy louder than the turbo equivalent anyway. Mainly due to the turbo acting as a muffler.

i dont know, but 100db just with a back box.....? All other circuit's i get about 90db!
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Race Idiot wrote:

True..
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Need to get my misfire sorted before this now, so can't book until that is fixed :(
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

I'm keeping an eye on this but I might be getting 6speed gearbox stuff done soon so don't want to commit.
I will keep you updated...
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Car appears to be in one piece after last time so I should be booking this when I get a chance this week.

Stupid question but last time I bought a few tools with me, which I was able to stash in a mates car. Not sure what to do with em if i'm just coming in one car.
Ben

Post by Ben »

When we were at Bedford we just piled all of our tools up against a wall in the pits. Not exactly secure but everyone was doing it and nothing seemed to go missing :thumleft:

Previous:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Ben wrote:When we were at Bedford we just piled all of our tools up against a wall in the pits. Not exactly secure but everyone was doing it and nothing seemed to go missing :thumleft:

Fair enough, shouldnt be a problem if theres a few of us going anyway :D
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Went to my first track day at Castle Combe on March 14th as a passenger in a mates Mk2 Turbo.

His stock exhaust was 90db at 4500 rpm.
Lots of people were just piling kit up in the car park, wheels, jacks, fuel, etc no worries at all, although you might want a rain proof cover just in case the weather's crap.
We worked out his track mpg was around 7 & stock brake pads are ok but he'll be fitting redstuff next time as they were pretty cooked after a few laps.
Top day out all round.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”