Ch, ch, ch, changes!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

l1ca

Ch, ch, ch, changes!

Post by l1ca »

(I know i have another thread in here, ignore that - thats the previous owners car, this thread is about what will become 'my car')

Recently Ive been looking at my 2 and been thinking, "its nice...but its not mine, I just paid for it" and certain aesthetic decisions made by the previous owner arnt biding well with me.

They used to, but after owning the car for some months now its got to the stage where I put it through its MOT and sell up, or get down and dirty and sort her out.

The theory behind this 'rebuild / restyle' is to take it from a 'modified car' to a purposeful and poised and sports-car, a little less fast-and-furious!

The first thing ive been wanting to change for a long time is the rear lights, the tinted rears just dont sit well with me any more, and if im being totally honest, never really did.

After going to the Blackpool meet last year and absolutely loving the look of the rear grille removed I decided to do the same, making the Bomex rear diffuser redundant and that got sold.

The Toms Snorkle has also been removed, I did toy with building a closed airbox and using this properly, but after quite a bit of deliberation it wasnt going to fit in with my plans and got removed and sold.

Before:

After:
(man this weather produces some poo pictures!)

Definately moving in the right direction

In the background ive been deciding what to do with this Veilside rear bumper, undoubtedly this is coming off, but what to replace it with....again after much thought, ive decided to go with the Toms Rear, should suit the clean lines of the toms skirts and border front bumper more. plus who wants a veilside. period. [-(

I also think the TRD rear spoiler is coming off, its a great spoiler dont get me wrong, but without the rest of the kit it looks a little too large, so on order is a standard rev 3 to go on.

In the mean time, ive had installed a triple 'eddy' pillar pod with depo racing gauges monitoring boost, oil temp, and oil pressure, although the temp and pressure gauges have stopped working, seems the wires at the sandwich plate have sheered off under driving (why would this happen?)

There will be far more updates, and this is just the start of something far larger.
Last edited by l1ca on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Re: Ch, ch, ch, changes!

Post by craig »

Plans sound good mate, and defo a step in the right direction. Will keep tabs on your project. :D
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

I would have ripped those rear lights out your hands but noticed you sold them already :(
Glad your getting rid of the veilside!
If you decide to change the spoiler id be interested in that one :mrgreen:

Will keep am eye on this thread as it looks like it will be interesting
burn

Post by burn »

\:D/

Gullzter, might be up for sale again when I find out that they don't fit a sonic shadow too ;)
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Between playing Dark Souls 2, ive managed to drag myself away and make some progress with the project, firstly the car is fully off the road now, and given the scope of things i have planned she wont be seeing much, if any of the tarmac this year #-o.

But mainly project is moving forward: \:D/

Firstly the TRD spoiler has been removed and replaced with a standard Rev 3 spoiler. I was tempted to keep the spoilerless look, but once the rev 3 was fitted the rear end was transformed and definately the way I want to go with this.

Dont get me wrong the TRD spoiler is a really nice peice of kit, and for the most part I did like it fitted. For me however, without having the rest of the wide arch kit it just seemed a bit too (I dread saying this) 'boy racerish' and had to go.

Also as you can see the genuine Toms rear has been fitted, and what can I say, fitment was absolutely perfect, all bumper mounting holes lined up, even the small ones on the underside of the arch, it was perfect.

It was so perfect that im going to remove all body kit parts, and if not genuine they are being sold and replaced with the genuine item.

Ive also been toying with getting my dash carbon dipped:

As the car, when done will have a white / bronze theme I went for a similar coloured effect.

Stay tuned for more updates...
Harv23

Post by Harv23 »

I think it looks better with the spoiler off

Return to “Member Profiles”