Sidewaysbanter

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Pinky1311

Sidewaysbanter

Post by Pinky1311 »

Brought some bits from this lad a few weeks ago, now nothing,

Does anybody know him or get hold of him for me please,

Have sent him a few messages which he has read but no reply
Quigonjay

Re: Sidewaysbanter

Post by Quigonjay »

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

This individual is now banned from selling on IMOC due to multiple incidences of people not receiving their goods or refunds.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

I hope the buyers all make reports to the police.

It's an offence to offer goods for sale, accept money - and then never send the items.

Where i'm from the offence is 'Obtain benefit by deception' - no idea what it is under UK law but an offence no doubt. It's under the fraud category.

Then rather than the police having to deal with a lot of small amount offences one at a time they can do it like a 'group buy' and have our friend face the court for all the matters at once.

So who's in? (Who has been swindled)
Draven

Post by Draven »

I'm in the process of contacting the police with regards this now. I did initially think that I would just let it go.

But no.. My money has been stolen I was not provided a product as agreed as such it is theft.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

Draven wrote:I'm in the process of contacting the police with regards this now. I did initially think that I would just let it go.

But no.. My money has been stolen I was not provided a product as agreed as such it is theft.

:thumleft:

He's logged in regularly over the last few days, including this afternoon.
sidewaysbanter

Post by sidewaysbanter »

once again, anyone who has had issues, please contact me via pm... id like to resolve this but not on a public forum... also, any more threats of "visits" - implying violence to my (old) address are a touch unnecessary. - i also have a new phone number so dont try calling that because it changed over a year ago... i understand there are some upset people, but pm is the way forward.

thanks
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

sidewaysbanter wrote:i understand there are some upset people

and confused...

confused as to why you would tell someone to paypal you by gift only, because "paypal hold the money for too long."

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but gift or not, makes no difference as to availability of funds.

But a gift does stop any claim if you don't intend sending the goods... :-k
sidewaysbanter

Post by sidewaysbanter »

as i said, pm please.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

sidewaysbanter wrote:as i said, pm please.

PM me then. Or leave us to draw our own conclusions.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

i also have a new phone number so dont try calling that because it changed over a year ago

you mate, are a tossbag.
sidewaysbanter

Post by sidewaysbanter »

no... the person posting my old detials on the forum and people threatening to turn up at my old address are the tossbags.

Now if you didn't purchase anything from me then it does not affect you, so stop commenting and do one. I'd rather not consume my time with futile arguments.

like i said, i will fix things with the people concerned if they contact me via pm.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
sidewaysbanter wrote:i understand there are some upset people

and confused...

confused as to why you would tell someone to paypal you by gift only, because "paypal hold the money for too long."

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but gift or not, makes no difference as to availability of funds.

But a gift does stop any claim if you don't intend sending the goods... :-k

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

sidewaysbanter wrote:no... the person posting my old detials on the forum and people threatening to turn up at my old address are the tossbags.

Now if you didn't purchase anything from me then it does not affect you, so stop commenting and do one. I'd rather not consume my time with futile arguments.

like i said, i will fix things with the people concerned if they contact me via pm.

whatever you say mate. you've stolen from people, then come on here as if we're doing you wrong?? get a grip you clown. as for Peter posting your details, YOU could have avoided that happening. i hope you're banned from the forum.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

sidewaysbanter wrote:no... the person posting my old detials on the forum and people threatening to turn up at my old address are the tossbags.

People threatening to show up isn't really fair - this blokes parents have nothing to do with it and i'd bet that's their address.

This affects the greater mr2 community - so much parts trading is done on good will and honesty. So it affects me, so I will comment.

Pointing people in the right direction after they have basically been stolen from is not a futile exercise.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

sidewaysbanter wrote:no... the person posting my old detials on the forum.

Which are freely available to anyone with an internet connection.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Google's a wonderful tool for exploiting peoples inability to keep their information private :clap:
sidewaysbanter

Post by sidewaysbanter »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:Now correct me if i'm wrong, but gift or not, makes no difference as to availability of funds.

I'll correct you then, 21 days before funds are available if its not a gift.

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:But a gift does stop any claim if you don't intend sending the goods... :-k

That was never my intention, personal circunstances have dictated that the goods were not sent. I'm trying my best to fix the issues caused.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

sidewaysbanter wrote:
Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:Now correct me if i'm wrong, but gift or not, makes no difference as to availability of funds.

I'll correct you then, 21 days before funds are available if its not a gift.

Fair enough. and my most sincere apologies - stupid me naturally assumed PayPal accounts were all the same, but obviously not.

You have a totally different PayPal account to me. I regularly withdraw funds same day as received regardless of whether gift or not.

Return to “Trader Feedback”