Midship Money Pit - Equipped For Summer

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SrSilkie

Re: Midship Money Pit - Equipped For Summer

Post by SrSilkie »

I have had the car in the garage since November and couldn't bare it any longer, also she looked lonely so the MR2 is back out!!

Looking forward to hopefully some beautiful weather this year and great road trips!!
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Finally got round to doing a few small things to the car.

I put on my OEM four spoke wheel and carried out a small mod, fitting an s2000 filter. Now my friend works at Honda so has plenty of used ones stacked up in his shed so I thought Id fit it and see what happens!

First off I stuffed it full of my mothers precious dish towels to avoid any plastic shavings going for a jaunt through my turbo.

I then took a 20mm drill bit and blasted a hole through the side for the IAT sensor.

This also meant I could use the old bung from the stock airbox to secure the sensor.

Banged in the bung which fitted perfect.

Then all thats left is to squeeeeze the filter onto the stock turbo hose, plug in the sensor, fasten her up with a jubilee clip and cable tie to secure.

This was just an experiment and the filter is ugly as sin but the car now sounds like a fighter jet so I plan to go and buy a new s2k filter as this one is pretty filthy and we are good to go! Chuffed.
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

does the job mate :thumleft: you should paint the white plastic black, it'd look spot on.
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

sheppy wrote:does the job mate :thumleft: you should paint the white plastic black, it'd look spot on.

Thats it, yeah I think I will on the new one! Cant believe the difference in sound though. You can bearly hear the turbo spool with the standard airbox but with this you can hear it spool the whole way and has a lot more grunt as you move up the rev range.
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

Nice mod :thumleft:

is that the oem filter for a s2000 then?
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

matt-mr2 wrote:Nice mod :thumleft:

is that the oem filter for a s2000 then?

Yup oem though they came in two sizes one is big (my one) and one is smaller but not sure on the year they changed the filters. You can still buy both though sizes though im sure.
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

WilkieGT wrote:Cant believe the difference in sound though. You can bearly hear the turbo spool with the standard airbox but with this you can hear it spool the whole way and has a lot more grunt as you move up the rev range.

i thought this when i went from a rev2 to rev3, i was gobsmacked at the noise :shock: :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VLj8KhLdw

:D :D
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Found this video of my first ever run on the strip, what an awesome day. Whoever recorded the video thought I was racing an EK9...it was actually my buddy in his 1.4 :-$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25WFmWJEBGs
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

WilkieGT wrote:Found this video of my first ever run on the strip, what an awesome day. Whoever recorded the video thought I was racing an EK9...it was actually my buddy in his 1.4 :-$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25WFmWJEBGs

hahaha, that civic is well slow!!!!

here's mine, my mate in his mr2 turbo absolutely spanks me in my 200sx!! Filmed using only the best of potatoes of course!!! It was 13 years ago :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5swb_8VQ3E
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

sheppy wrote: hahaha, that civic is well slow!!!!

here's mine, my mate in his mr2 turbo absolutely spanks me in my 200sx!! Filmed using only the best of potatoes of course!!! It was 13 years ago :)

Haha technology certainly has moved on!

It's a good time blasting it down the strip, I'll need to get myself back next year for some more runs
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

WilkieGT wrote:
sheppy wrote: hahaha, that civic is well slow!!!!

Haha technology certainly has moved on!

It's a good time blasting it down the strip, I'll need to get myself back next year for some more runs

same here Wilkie, also, how cringey is the music at crail?? everytime I'm there it's just awful!!

A group from the Edinburgh Sports car Club are going next Sunday if you fancy it, If I don't have the car back by then I might take the bike :-k
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

sheppy wrote:same here Wilkie, also, how cringey is the music at crail?? everytime I'm there it's just awful!!

A group from the Edinburgh Sports car Club are going next Sunday if you fancy it, If I don't have the car back by then I might take the bike :-k

The music is the pits haha so bad.

I would if I wasn't in Mexico! Need to beat my old time of 14.299 lol but Im armed with a decat and Nur Spec to go on and set up my ebc for higher boost so should be easy...Thats if I can get a better start off the line!
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

The difference in spool up with decat and exhaust is insane man!! 14 seconds should be easy to beat, crail is slightly uphill though :(
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

sheppy wrote:The difference in spool up with decat and exhaust is insane man!! 14 seconds should be easy to beat, crail is slightly uphill though :(

Im excited to see the difference and then going from stock boost to 1.1 bar I could imagine being another little leap in performance.

Ive got loads of stuff waiting to go on the car actually but like everything just never had the time to get round to it but after Mexico im going to allow a week to get everything on!
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

17psi Is a huge difference over stock mate, especially with the tvsv disabled, full boost in 1st and 2nd is pretty insane!!!
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

I'm in Mexico visiting my dad and in the mean time trying to finalise my direction on how I want my car looking for summer whilst I have time to think.

I've been debating going for black side strips since Josh (JAAASH) posted up photos of his so I did a quick visual on my car

ImageImage

Personally I think it looks awesome though I'm not quite sure why. Thinking to just wrap them along with the rear centre panel incase I go off the look.

Next up, the Equips

I simply cant decide on these, currently they have white centres and in need of refurbishment but here are a few mock ups I made from a photo I found on google (10 mins max dont judge too much lol)

To begin with I was certain on going for a bright silver, brighter than the above photo...now though Im swayed particularly towards the white centres with the polished lip however there is that part of me that loves the thought of satin black centres and gloss black lips but I feel this would be very controversial on a set of Equips and perhaps doesn't suit the car.

What are your thoughts people?

Suggestions welcome!!
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

In my humble opinion all black wheel is a waste of deep dish and Equips.
Here are mine refurbished by CardCore

Nic

Post by Nic »

I'd go all black with stainless steel bolts, like these.

Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Odin_S wrote:In my humble opinion all black wheel is a waste of deep dish and Equips.
Here are mine refurbished by CardCore

I actually considered going fully polished at one stage but I personally dont think I could pull it off haha, they look sexy though...have you got them on yet?
Black 94' GT-S Turbo

Return to “Member Profiles”