autopista spoiler on a TRD widebody

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jayridium

autopista spoiler on a TRD widebody

Post by Jayridium »

Yes I know to make the Autopista work you need to use the rear tetrahedrons from a rev 1-2 spoiler. And that they in turn would need modified to the new contours of the trd rear arch 3/4 panel, and that the autopista would need modified to the TRD boot lid extension BUT I was wondering if anyone had ever done it and more importantly if there were any pics I could view of it?

The reason I ask is my MR2 build's body work is coming to an end and and I have just about given up all hope of getting an aeroware rear spoiler, I'm sort of contemplating rear tetrahedrons modded to fit to trd kit, and modding a rev 3 spoiler to pick up the tetks but kick up more than a rev 2 - or modding and fitting my autopista middle.

In this case as it saves me faffing about with fibreglass pics aren't worth a thousand words they are worth a million!!! 8)
Super_red

Re: autopista spoiler on a TRD widebody

Post by Super_red »

I have been thinking the same as I have an Autopista spoiler that I tried to sell with no takers. I could fit it to my TRD for a lot less cash than buying a TRD spoiler.

I dont think it would be a huge job to make the winglets fit the TRD kit, just cut them down so they fit and then build the shape back up with filler. For the boot lid I would be temperd to work round the spoiler, bolt it up to a standard boot then fit the trunk extension peice after and cut it down so it buts up with the base of the rev 2 spoiler.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”