Intake scoops for mk1 <- Update

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MegatronUK

Intake scoops for mk1 <- Update

Post by MegatronUK »

Just got a message back from Ken in the US of A about these scoops...

Stu also has pics of it fitted to his mk1 in this other IMOC post it does look rather nifty on his motor. IMHO it's not as 'extreme' as the mk2 Toms scoop.

Current cost is $100 per part, plus between $36 and $45 shipping to the UK, at current exchange rates, that works out at £70-£75. Ken says he currently only has the left side made, but he is working on a right hand side scoop too.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Intake scoops for mk1 <- Update

Post by Lauren »

Don't take this the wrong way but isn't this going to push the airflow the wrong way?

IIRC you are going to mount the IC in the boot so these aren't needed for airflow to the IC.

You'd be better off simply ducting air up from underneath with a curved panel or somesuch.
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Yeah, hoping to fit IC in the boot, but I want to try and make one of these into a sealed airbox for the airfilter... might be a bit of work, but I fancy giving it a go.... I reckon I can get a filter element inside it and put a sealed bottom onto it, with an elbow joint coming out of the bottom - connecting it to the intake piping.
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

i was dubious of them to start with (looks wise) but at approx 75 quid, it's almost worth getting one and if i don;t like it whack on eBay.

If you fancy combining an order to reduce the P&P, let me know.

Kelvin
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Kelvin

I've got several bits on order from Ken so we could combine...I've already got one of the scoops. An excellent fit and very good quality.
T
Kelvin

Post by Kelvin »

Hi Toni,

sounds like a possibility.

I've been looking at some others today (MK2's) and they seem to have a 'flatter' entry that looks a bit neater. if i do get one I can see me modifying it a bit!

Kelvin
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Definitely interested in one.. I'm just waiting on a reply from Ken for payment info.
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

hi ya id defo be interested in one
let me knaow any more as it comes up and posteage etc so i can confirm

Return to “Modifications”