TUBBY V AMG

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

woody

TUBBY V AMG

Post by woody »

i was in my rev3 tubby with my missus the other day , on a sliproad about to join a nice smooth section of motorway near me... i looked behind and this merc was breathing down my neck.. he was itching to get passed so i thought i'd see what my baby could do.. we both accelerated hard off the sliproad, and i was very chuffed to see i was very slowy pulling away from him, i pulled about 2 cars on him up to just over a ton..
i slowed down as there was some traffic coming up... then this bloke started playing the knob, flew up the inside and cut me up giving me a good view of his AMG badge and that he had 2 passengers with him... at that point i just backed off, pleased that i had just shown up a car worth a lot more than my little tub 8)
ENSMR2

Re: TUBBY V AMG

Post by ENSMR2 »

Didnt one of the guys here (topgear?) race Jeremy Clarksons one not too long ago? He had him for a while up the 1/4 mile but the over all power of the merc just took over at a certain speed.
woody

Post by woody »

it was a c class.. a c32 i think.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

ENSMR2 wrote:Didnt one of the guys here (topgear?) race Jeremy Clarksons one not too long ago? He had him for a while up the 1/4 mile but the over all power of the merc just took over at a certain speed.

yeah, clarkson was well impressed as it wasn't til around 80-90 that his amg started to even pull away
woody

Post by woody »

what merc does/did clarkson drive?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

woody wrote:what merc does/did clarkson drive?

SL55 AMG
woody

Post by woody »

slightly better than a c class :lol:
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

Lauren wrote:

SL55 AMG

number one in the gay car list a year or so back i believe :D kindly pointed out by the short ass one on top gear, Richard something ;)
Gazboy

Post by Gazboy »

Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:
Lauren wrote:

SL55 AMG

number one in the gay car list a year or so back i believe :D kindly pointed out by the short ass one on top gear, Richard something ;)

I've been a passenger in one of these, on a runway. 0-185 in not very long, they are rediculously quick, and if I saw one at the lights, i wouldn't waste the petrol.
Raf

Post by Raf »

Gazboy wrote: i wouldn't waste the petrol.

yep i agree, although iv'e not been in one i wouldnt race it off the lights (or anywhere else). i dont see many round here but when i do all i do is stare!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

i have seen them move though- and boy do they move!!!

Return to “Driving Experiences”