[Mk2] [Turbo] Side exit exhausts

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

[Mk2] [Turbo] Side exit exhausts

Post by Chr15py »

Hey.

So I have tried looking but maybe it's my iPhone not making things easy or not but I can't really find anything apart from Greenys car on a dyno. Please be kind if I've missed it.

Anyhoo, having just managed to get the MR fired up after over a year of standing, the love has come back. I'd like to have a side vent exhaust made. Has anyone got any pictures of inside the engine bay on how theirs / best mates / acquaintances exhaust looks and the routing.

Thanks in advance
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
bobhatton

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Side exit exhausts

Post by bobhatton »

Chr15py wrote:Hey.

So I have tried looking but maybe it's my iPhone not making things easy or not but I can't really find anything apart from Greenys car on a dyno. Please be kind if I've missed it.

Anyhoo, having just managed to get the MR fired up after over a year of standing, the love has come back. I'd like to have a side vent exhaust made. Has anyone got any pictures of inside the engine bay on how theirs / best mates / acquaintances exhaust looks and the routing.

Thanks in advance
Chris

There should be some photos somewhere in here.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 65&start=0
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Cheers bob. Very good read there :). Have pm'd the writer to get some more info :)

Thanks again
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Heres another one for you to read about
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56259
I remember a couple of years back there were three of four cars running side exit and I do remember that an issue was the fumes coming into the cabin.

Return to “Modifications”