Dutch RHD N/A SW20 MR2 rev2

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Laurens PNut

Dutch RHD N/A SW20 MR2 rev2

Post by Laurens PNut »

Hi guys,

I'm Lawrence from the Netherlands, 27 y/old and living in Arnhem with my gf.
Always had an intereset in Japanese cars. I'm a regular at the Nurburgring, went to Castle Combe, Zandvoort and the Hungaroring with my previous tracktool, a 1998 Nissan Primera. This one had the SR20VE NeoVVL engine (200 bhp N/A, 8200 rpm). Comparable to the BEAMS engine.
Nordschleife was done in 9m17s, also thanks to the BC Racing suspension and loads of other mods.

Went to JAE 2 times and visited Japfest 2 times aswell.
Also went to Japan in januari this year for 10 days, visited the Tokyo Auto Salon while we were there.

Anyways, I got fed up with the FWD setup and I knew the limits of this car. So I wanted something cheap, more exciting to drive, Japanese and N/A.

I found a 1992 MR2 in Germany in good condition except for rust around the rear sills.
The German guy imported it from the UK and now it's mine.

I want to convert it to a tracktool again but to be honest, I think it will end up being used more on the local countryroads than on the track.

Need to do some maintenance and new tyres. 195/50/15 up front and 205/50/15 in the rear. The aftermarket wheels are 15 x 6.5J so don't want to go wider.

After that I can get it roadlegal for the Dutch roads.

No pics yet because the forum didn't allow me to do so :(
Ryan6926

Re: Dutch RHD N/A SW20 MR2 rev2

Post by Ryan6926 »

Welcome along mate I remember you from the VVL Primera, You say you need new tyres the OEM sizes are 195 55 15 front and 225 50 15 rear on the UK spec cars.

I'd recommend keeping the OEM sizes as opposed to the sizes you mentioned which I believe are from the Rev 1 with the 10mm stagger. The usual effect of not having the 30mm is that the car becomes very tail happy which isn't always a good thing.

What plans do you have for the car then ? I know what a great car the Primera was so I'll be watching this with interest :)
Laurens PNut

Re: Dutch RHD N/A SW20 MR2 rev2

Post by Laurens PNut »

Return to “Member Profiles”